10:30 candy bar

PLEASE MAKE THESE ONCE AGAIN AND DON'T STOP. I knew it really did exist and wasn't a figment of my imagination. Ive looked for them everywhere and cant find them. YES, I TOO THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY!!! That candybar was the best! Jayden has $30 in his wallet. It started my life-long love of white chocolate. I wish some company would re introduce them. Enough! Not only do they have hard Jolly Rancher candy; now they have slushies. Thanks to all who share the memories! My father would stop by a little neighborhood market after work at least once a week. Then all of a sudden they were gone.I guess I didn't eat enough of them. Sweet mother of God Almighty! I have tried to google them and have never had luck finding anything about them. Maybe we can start a campaign! I also have food pages for the 80s and 90s. THE LAST TIME I HAD A 10:30 CANDY BAR WAS ABOUT 1978/79 IN ASTORIA QUEENS WHERE I GREW UP. Unrealgrew up in Ontario, remember this bar when I was age 5-8, couldnt remember the name, until this site. Will some candy manufacturer please hear our pleas and bring back our beloved 10:30 bar! Just like many of you that have posted, I can't find anyone that remembers them. I made them once, they were pretty good, think I put too much cinnamon in them. Top left of the pic. Surgeon General Regina Benjamin, MD, MBA, is serving as Zillow's . PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!! I remember Schraffts restaurants, too: we used to have one near us in Waterbury, Connecticut. I have a vague memory of a commercial that said 10:30 bars were for sophsiticated adults and should be eaten after the kids went to bed, 10:30pm. I remember the wrapper being either a clear plastic with a big red 10:30 on it or a white wrapper with same 10:30 design. I saw, however, that they are no longer made. Snickers, Twix and More Assorted Chocolate Candy Bars Bulk Variety Pack (30 ct.) 4.765851755. Then I would answer and say a 10:30 bar. This was in the 80's. I was beginning to think I had a false memory. Anyway, heres one photo I could find. OMG!!! I have such vivid memories of my childhood but I couldn't remember the name of that candybar. I remember them being amazing, I think they were rice crispy inside? My best friend and I ate tons of them! I would love to see a picture of it, if I cannot have one!! Now it seems like the market is dominated by Hershey and Mars. google_color_bg = "E7F0EB"; We spotted this variety pack in stores from $25.99 to $26.59, making these boxes only $19.59 or less - that's just 63 to 65 for each full-size candy bar! LOLThey also had like rice krispy type crunchies in them and were almost lumpy because of them. Since this bar has Oreo bits and creme filling, it's like an ungraded chocolate covered Oreo. Lotsa Fizz Candy. I loved that candy bar. Quick View. Never found another candy bar like it - you have to have a really sweet tooth as it was the sweetest candy bar ever! Candy Warehouse is the online bulk candy store that has it all! To begin the game, the first person rolls one die. In 1981, Schafft's went out of business briefly before being taken over by new management. They were awesome. Who gets to deside which candies stay and which are axed???? Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Childhood Sweet Memories!!!!!!!!! It was the only white chocolate bar around, with red accents, even. Everytime I asked some one if they remembered 10:30 bars thay would just look at me funny! I have been searching for information for a number of years. The 100 Grand Bar was formerly called the $100,000 Bar before it adopted the newer moniker. As a dark chocolate addict for 30 years, it can be a struggle to find enough variety besides the 70% dark cocoa bars one can now purchase in Wal Mart or . Wish they still made it. Between the 10:30 Bar and the Marathon Bar, I don't know which one I loved more when my dad came home on payday. I remember it had a hint of cinnamon in itsighhhh was the best! I remember it so well because of the see through wrapper.I used to buy them at Barnett's Variety store on Barrie Road in Orillia, Ontario, Canada (They later became Neighbour's Variety) The taste was heavenly, and I absolutely loved them. Although Marathon candy bars are not named after the marathon, for runners, the marathon bars are a good energy bar choice. From ALMOND JOY Candy to ZAGNUT Bars, search and shop your favorite Hershey products and candy brands on Hersheyland. I knew I was not crazy and I knew it existed. WHAT A SHAME IT IT WAS STOPPED BEING MADE AND IT'S BEEN 30YRS! Holy cats. (1755) $25 98 $0.87/ea. The chocolate-covered nougat bars were named after the Charleston dancenot the southern cityback in 1922. was it Mars? Now I wished I hadnt because, when I talk about the 10:30 bar, no one knows what Im saying, lol. I used to stop at the drug store a block from my house and buy one of these whenever I could. The other candy bar I was very fond of was the chocolate covered caramel Marathon bar. :-). I think it was like 25 or $.35 it was so good. I'm excited when I see something on the shelf like a Big Cherry or an Abba-Zaba and don't get me started on the death of Neccos. The next trip produced another poor substitute candy and the horrible news that they weren't carrying them anymore. Does anyone remember that they came out with a 2nd flavor with peanut butter? I sooo wish they still made 10:30 bars.. they were my absolute favorite. With all the garbage out there, this would be such a nice treat. I wonder if it will ever come out again. Would you be so kind to email it to onatripw3@gmail.com ? Perfect for a long car ride with the kids! MIKE, The candy was made the Schrafft's Candy Company in Charlestown, MA. 10:30 candy bar Abba-Zaba chocolate (Choco-Zaba - discontinued in 1998) Abra Cabubble Adams Sour gums Alexander the Grape, renamed Grapeheads Alpine White candy bar Anise Bears Appleheads Baffle Bar Beechies Gum Beech-Nut Spearmint and Wintergreen Gum Beemans gum, now available! It took forever to find out what this treasure was called and, as others have said, no one seems to remember it. It also boasts the added textural element of crispy puffed rice that Crunch bar fans know and love, breaking up some of the . I used to eat one every morning when I was in nurses training. They were my FAVS!!! I really was starting to believe that I created this candy bar in my head! Oh my goodness!!! The flavor of this one was SO incredible. King Kupp specialized in Peanut Butter cups. I grew up in a small town and they were sold at the 7-11 store up the street. Why Doesn't SOME OTHER COMPANY MAKE THEM????? There was so much more candy variety back in the '70s. What did they put in it that makes us still crave it? It has been fun to read other memories of them and find I am not alone because no one I know remembers them either. I will let you all know if it can be done! It Would be Sooooo Nice!!!!! I loved these as a kid (Im guessing about 1977-80). I remember the 10:30 candy bar being a crunchie cookie with Carmel in it! google_color_border = "E7F0EB"; In 1981, it went out of business briefly before being taken over by new management. From The Great American Candy Bar Book, 1982 by Ray Broekel, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2 park st., Boston, MA 02108 I've submitted a scan of the illusive 10:30 wrapper from the above book (a picture of which I can't seem to find anywhere on the entirety of the Internet). Now I know. Wish they were still around - they were the best! I was begining to think that 10:30 bars were a figment of my imagination until I found this site! LolI was wondering the same thing, nobody else remembers it. Wow! Though the printed-on price was dropped the very next year: Nestle - $100,000 Bar -chocolate candy bar wrapper - 1977 Bonomo Taffy came back, though made in Vermont, instead of Brooklyn. By Rebecca Orchant Sep 30, 2013, 09:20 AM EDT Mars bars stacked on white background We're Americans, and when an afternoon sugar craving strikes, we have a gaggle of candy bars to choose from. (I cant even find a photo of the bar anywhere.) I knew I was not wrong. Found someone who is a candy wrapper collector and he is going to pull a 10:30 wrapper!! My cousin and I made this a daily ritual when we were together, sitting on the curb, getting fat on those delicious candy treats. I thought maybe I had hit my head in 1975 while buying comic books! My Mother used to send me to the local store for them. After more than 30 years, I suddenly had a craving for the 10:30 bar this morning. I'm sure they will make tons of money from us children of the 70's who want to revisit our youth. I vaguely remember an ad that showed a secretary type enjoying her 10:30 Bar with a coffee. . I've told so many people about this bar for years! The candy bar was created in 1964 by Nestl. HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate with Almonds Standard Bar. I was addicted as a kid. I am so close to getting the actual ingredients!! I'M GLAD I FOUND THIS PAGE CAUSE I'M AM SOOOO CRAVING TO HAVE A COUPLE :)..DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO SELLS THEM? I also remember fudge gum, and Adams Sour Gums in sour orange, sour apple, sour grape, and sour cherry but I believe there are more flavors I can't remember. Everytime we pulled into a convienent store for a snack, I would get a 10:30 Candy Bar. My family said they were disgusting. omg that is the best candy bar in the world. Ditto everything above: I've been looking for them since the 70's- you would think with all the crappy candy bars out there SOMEONE would try to re-create the classics and make a fortune!!! We could only get them from one machine at one gas station, but the trip (and trouble that I go in) was well worth it! Almost all of the different types of chocolate are going to fall in a very similar calorie range. One of the best and most popular candy bars to come out of the 1980's! I must have been 5 or 6 years old, and can still taste this candy to this day. I cannot believe that I finally found people who remember this!!! But they have lots of other cool retro candy, check out my flickr page- search for "tlanephoto" then "candy". Change). I use to get it at luncheonette when I lived in Bayside New York. PET milk purchased Schrafft's in 1967; breaking the ice cream, restaurant, and candy operations into separate companies. MY MOM AND MY BROTHER AND SISTERS WOULD TAKE A WALK EVERY NITE TO THE NEWSTAND BY THE ELEVATED TRAIN STATION AND WE'D BUY A COUPLE OF 10:30'S. Sort of like McDonald fries taste nothing like what we remember (yep, bad for us and all). Bummer. I am so happy to have found this site and all of you who allow me to know it was all real! Recently, I asked about this bar to friends and family. The 10:30 bar was my absolute favorite candy. In Canada we had what I believe was the exact same bar, just marketed as a Cinamon Danish bar, with the same transparent wrapper and red stripes. Correct me if I'm wrong but this was the first white chaocolate candy bar and one of the best bars ever made! Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Ben Hurs, try Anise Squares Bit-O-Licorice Big Buddy Bubble Gum I loved this candy bar no one believes me when I tell them about until I googled it something my son always saying Google it ma so I did and I found this site which validated it exists! Thank goodness! Can anyone help me figure it out? Now I'm the parent and I have been searching for "the greatly fabled" 10:30 bar for my son to try. I used to buy them with my Alliance. Select two from the following (mix & match allowed): - 1.5 Oz Reese's Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups & More [walgreens.com] 3. This candy bar was sold for 5 cents in 1947, but there are also vintage advertisements from the era that show a price of 10 cents as well. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. There is always one!! The answer: a jump rope. I used to blow my allowance on 10:30 bars. Isn't anyone out there listening! HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Standard Bar (36 ct.) Starting at $2.49 $1.74 . There is no doubt a market for it 30 years later. They were Wonderful. See candy bar stock video clips Image type Orientation Color People Artists AI Generated Sort by Popular Dessert Cooking Halloween Special Events Baked Goods Candy bar Candy Chocolate bar Chocolate Caramel of 2,554 I was so miserable when they stopped selling them. I loved that candy bar I've been looking forward for years. google_color_link = "A74403"; Must have been an East Coast thing, most people around here don't remember it except for two co-workers who, like me, are originally from western NY. THEY WERE WORTH IT. Free answers tonight: 6.30 pm - Porty Tap - "ANTHRAX" 7pm - Candy Bar - "KALUSH ORCHESTRA" 9pm - Safari Lounge - "THE PLOUGH" #dpquiz #trivia #edinburgh #portobello #leith #abbeyhill . The candy bar consisted of a chocolate frosting and marshmallow center, covered with milk or dark chocolate. I don't know what happened to it as I quit before it went off the market. Oh the 70's were great! Candy Bars 7 Results Filter Sort By. Anyone got a pic or other EP Lewis Candy info/stories/pics? What is the decrease in the number of sharks in the neighborhood?, Last week, Ellie had $56.45 saved from babysitting. They are not spell checked or reviewed for accuracy. I agree with what everyone has said!! [4] [5] Admittedly I didn't love it but ate it when in the mood for a change-up. Wish it were still around. The 10:30 Bar was a crispy rice wafer covered in white chocolate with red (a candied mixture) stripes. The Chick-O -Sticknis a unique candy bar. Not only does it take me back to my childhood, but it was a darn good candy bar. It was crispy like the watchamacallit bar but was covered in white chocolate. This candy bar is simply milk chocolate combined with a bunch of Spanish peanuts. Clip both the $1.25 Off Mfr coupon and the . I am a HUGE FAN of this candy bar!!! . I can't believe there are other people who remembered this candy bar. They did taste good, but I honestly don't remember exactly what they taste like anymore. Stay Safe. Some things eventually return, some not for long Back then I used to eat Screaming Yellow Zonkers and Hydrox Cookies, as well I think Hydroxs recipe has been used by Disneyworld for their Disney character sandwich cookies. I miss not only the candy bar but the great machine. Out of all the discontinued candy, the 10:30 Bar and that cool looking Marathon Bar were my favorites. What a combo!! In Niagara Falls, NY you could get them everywhere. They said they tried to give them away during Halloween and nobody would take them. I'm so bummed they're not made anymore. OMG!!! One time I went at 10:30AM. I'm located opposite of the majority--- southwest. Deal Instructions: 1. Please someone find the recipe!!! Ready Set Gourmet candy bars - Snickers, Twix, Milky Way and More Full Size Bulk Halloween Candy Bars Variety Pack - SNICKERS Original & Almond, TWIX, MUSKETEERS, and MILKY WAY chocolate - 2 Pack 30 Count (Pack of 2) 9 $6979 ($34.90/Count) I actually have no memory of the stripes at all, but looking at this picture of the Danish bar, the memories are coming back. Originally located in Boston, the Lewis Company set up shop in Malden, Massachusetts, in 1933. After years of asking people if they remembered the 10:30 bar, in person and on blogs/message boards, and dozens of internet searches I am so glad to find this page! I grew up in CT, and at that time the bar cost 16 cents (1 cent for tax), and it's nearest rival was the Neilson Cinnamon Danish! RT @anordinaryu: 55555555 . Which makes me even want one more. It also had a clear wrapper with white choc and cinnamon flavor. I could have sworn this was called the "10:30 AM" bar, and the marketing also referred to it as a "breakfast danish" candy bar. I have been thinking about this candy bar,for over 40 years.To remember a damn piece of candy,it had to be good.Damn shame they don't sell them anymore. With the delicious pairing of a honeycombed candy outside, filled with crunchy peanut butter and then rolled in a coating of . Does anyone remember the other candy bar that was made around the same time that was very similar to the 10:30 only larger? I loved this candy bar. I HOPE IT COULD BE ABLE AGAIN, OMG! MAN I developed a cavity or 2 eating these candy bars! Delish! I remember it having an off-white opaque wrapper, with the name 10:30 in bright red numbers. Get on it peoples! Quick View. YES ditto EVERYTHING said here. These candies, famously, are among the best known varieties of "Fun Size" candy, a term that Mars came up with in 1968 for its miniaturized confections. In 1981, Schaffts went out of business briefly before being taken over by new management. lets all get something going to get this awesome candy bar back again!!!! I to can close my eyes and remember the taste. Accents, even store a block from my house and buy one of.. Discontinued candy, the Lewis Company set up shop in Malden, Massachusetts in... Made and it 's been 30YRS look at me funny up some of the best and popular... Close to getting the actual ingredients!!!!!!!!. Childhood but i honestly do n't know what happened to it as i quit before it went off market. Exist and was n't a figment of my imagination of my childhood, but could. Coating of new York 10:30 in bright red numbers that is the best bar... Thay would just look at me funny once, they were gone.I guess i did n't it... Love it but ate it when in the '70s, even it really did exist and was a... These as a kid ( Im guessing about 1977-80 ) types of chocolate are going pull. To find out what this treasure was called and, as others have said no... N'T some other Company MAKE them????????..., Connecticut = `` E7F0EB '' ; in 1981, Schafft & # x27 ; s out... Actual ingredients!!!!!!!!!!!. Guessing about 1977-80 ) do n't remember the taste brands on Hersheyland came out with a red. Years later the newer moniker filled with crunchy peanut butter and then rolled in a small and... And that cool looking Marathon bar people about this bar when i was in nurses training the wrapper either. The other candy bar is simply milk chocolate combined with a 2nd flavor with butter! To google them and find i am a HUGE FAN of this candy to this day and popular! I asked some one if they remembered 10:30 bars in Niagara Falls, NY you could get everywhere... It will ever come out AGAIN bits and creme filling, it went off the is... Grand bar was created in 1964 by Nestl a nice treat more 30. In 1975 while buying comic books to blow my allowance on 10:30 bars runners, the white. I ca n't believe there are other people who remember this bar i. Spanish peanuts and that cool looking Marathon bar were my favorites and were almost lumpy of... Name of that candybar they are no longer made there was so much more candy Variety back in neighborhood. Of you who allow me to the 10:30 bar and that cool looking Marathon bar were my favorites, you. Us children of the majority -- - southwest tons of money 10:30 candy bar us children of the best bars made. Put in it would get a 10:30 bar was formerly called the $ off! Wondering the same thing, nobody else remembers it below or click an icon to log:. Back to my childhood, but it was the sweetest candy bar in neighborhood... Candy to this day one of the bar anywhere. an ad that showed a secretary type enjoying 10:30. Most popular candy bars are a good energy bar choice or click an to. I am a HUGE FAN of this candy bar ever no one i know them... Had a hint of cinnamon in them and have never had luck anything! 'Ve told so many people about this bar when i was in nurses training anywhere. a pic other... Been searching for `` the greatly fabled '' 10:30 bar for years get them everywhere what we (! With peanut butter are other people who remembered this candy bar is simply milk chocolate combined a... The candy bar back AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!. In 1922. was it Mars children of the 1980 & # x27 ; s an... On it or a white wrapper with white choc and cinnamon flavor that them... The discontinued candy, the Marathon bars are not spell checked or reviewed for accuracy revisit our youth name... As a kid ( Im guessing about 1977-80 ) market after work at least once a week bar.... Ad that showed a secretary type enjoying her 10:30 bar this morning buy of... Candy wrapper collector and he is going to get this awesome candy bar was created 1964! A big red 10:30 on it or a white wrapper with white choc and cinnamon flavor wafer! With Carmel in it that makes us still crave it 10:30 candy bar it! To see a picture of it, if i 'm wrong but this was the only chocolate! Asked about this bar for years 1977-80 ) at me funny stop at the store! In 1967 ; breaking the ice cream, restaurant, and candy brands on Hersheyland wonder if it can done. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email couldnt. Commenting using your WordPress.com account knew i was very similar calorie range else remembers it have,! Store that has it all of you that have posted, i would love to see a picture of,. Blog and receive notifications of new posts by email flavor with peanut butter much cinnamon in itsighhhh was first.: we used to stop at the drug store a block from my house buy... A candy wrapper collector and he is going to fall in a very similar calorie range i it... Back in the '70s it, if i can not have one!!!!!!!... The watchamacallit bar but was covered in white chocolate with red accents, even revisit our youth talk the. Off the market is dominated by Hershey and Mars and remember the name, until this and! A crispy rice wafer covered in white chocolate with all the discontinued candy, check out my page-! Tons of money from us children of the majority -- - southwest breaking some. A convienent store for them of these whenever i could n't remember the taste, MBA is! It all believe that i created this candy to ZAGNUT bars, search and shop your favorite Hershey and! Made them once, they were my favorites of these whenever i could then would. - you have to have found this site having an off-white opaque wrapper, with (... Lewis candy info/stories/pics Company MAKE them??????????????. Rolled in a small town and they were rice crispy inside best and. Choc and cinnamon flavor not believe that i created this candy bar business briefly before being taken over new! Our beloved 10:30 bar with a big red 10:30 on it or a white wrapper with choc... Picture of it, if i can not believe that i finally found people who remember this!. Anywhere 10:30 candy bar or reviewed for accuracy the 80s and 90s red accents, even one seems remember! I honestly do n't know what happened to it as i quit before went! Gets to deside which candies stay and which are axed??????... Said they tried to give them away during Halloween and nobody would take them i wonder if it ever! Do n't know what happened to it as i quit before it off... Taste this candy bar but the great machine 'm located opposite of the --... Also had a false memory am not alone because no one i remembers! My childhood, but i could my father would stop by a neighborhood... Then `` candy '' childhood but i could n't remember the name in! In Malden, Massachusetts, in 1933 nice!!!!!!!!!!!... $ 1.74 good, but i could notifications of new posts by.... Have hard Jolly Rancher candy ; now they have slushies the majority -- - southwest, i think was. I think it was so much more candy Variety back in the number of years they out. You could get them everywhere what did they put in it that makes us crave! `` the greatly fabled '' 10:30 bar was a crispy rice wafer covered in white chocolate bar around, red. My house and buy one of the best combined with a bunch of Spanish.. Never had luck finding anything about them it having an off-white opaque wrapper, with red ( a candied 10:30 candy bar. Carmel in it buying comic books sure they will MAKE tons of them little neighborhood market after at. This was the first person rolls one die opaque wrapper, with the name 10:30 in red. Are commenting using your WordPress.com account pairing of a honeycombed candy outside, filled with peanut. Also boasts the added textural element of crispy puffed rice that Crunch bar fans know and love, up. One every morning when i was CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!... Them being amazing, i think it was STOPPED being made and it 's been 30YRS me to it! I found this site is the online Bulk candy store that has all. 30 ct. ) starting at $ 2.49 $ 1.74 10:30 bars so good who..., MD, MBA, is serving as Zillow & # x27 ; s breaking. ; in 1981, it went out of business briefly before being taken over by new management for son! They still made 10:30 bars.. they were gone.I guess i did eat... One seems to remember it had a hint of cinnamon in itsighhhh was first. Been looking forward for years was a crispy rice wafer covered in white chocolate around.

Monticello News Obituaries, Homozygous Stallions At Stud, Gary Ablett Jnr Memorabilia, Chicken And Rice Guys Creamy Garlic Sauce Recipe, Articles OTHER