460 weatherby magnum recoil

The .460 Weatherby Magnum is based on the huge .378 Weatherby belted case necked up to accept .458" bullets. Vanguard rifles have a one-piece machined receiver featuring an integral recoil lug for the utmost in strength and structural integrity, along with a one-piece trigger guard with a hinged floorplate for easy access to unfired cartridges in the magazine.Action : BoltCaliber : 270 WinBarrel Length : 24Capacity : 5+1OAL : 44.50Weight : 7.50 . According to the Hornady Handbook, Third Edition handloaders can push a 350 grain bullet to 2,950 fps with 115.5 grains of H380 powder or 123.2 grains of Winchester 760 powder. Subscriber Services. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Never use a gun that makes you think about the recoil! Nearly four tons of smashing power makes the 460 the only choice for Africa's most dangerous game. All Rights Reserved. There are multiple .50 BMG loads, but for our purposes, let us reflect on the standard loading, the Lake City M33, which shoots a 660-grain bullet at 2,910 fps, with 12,413 foot-pounds of muzzle energy. in 1955 - Gun is Unfired w/Factory Matching Serial # Box . I would like to purchase these. . The .700 steps up to a 1,000-grain bullet, propelled at 2,000 fps, with an energy yield of 9,050 ft.-lbs. Expectional free range common reedbuck. Expectional free range common reedbuck. Launching a 500 grain .458 inch projectile at about 2,550 fps its recoil is something to behold. Jeffery in 1903, it has a straight three-inch case, originally using 120 grains of Cordite. Whether you're shooting a break-action, pump-action, or semiautomatic, Sign up for the Field & Stream newsletter and get the latest intelligence straight to your inbox. His regular clients used to bring him Weatherby stocks. And so, in 1980, an American named Bill Feldstein went to H&H and tried to order a .600. Cartridge Type: Height: 2.913". In any event, hearing protection should always be used when you're near guns being fired. But until the advent of the .700 Holland & Holland cartridge in 1980, it was the most powerful commercial round available. Give a Gift Some writers say that bullets can't stand up to the velocity of the 460 Weatherby. It may not display this or other websites correctly. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Blood descended in a curtain, and his Old Mom was on the porch, watching. Last year I bought a "used" .460 in a Custom Lazermark which came with bases and engraved rings. YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages. Recoil was over 100 foot-pounds. Cartridge Type: Height: 2.913"Width: 0.579"Average FPS: 2610Average Energy: 7380Average Gr: 488Recoil: 5.86. The graphic lesson is this: If your .577 doesn't rattle your teeth on the range, you probably don't have enough velocity. Ammo is scarce and costly. Driving a 400-grain bullet to a muzzle velocity of 2,125 fps, the .450/400 3-inch immediately gained an excellent reputation, as it could be housed in a lightweight double rifle, offering low recoil and a quick second shot. Good luck. While Robert Ruark made the .416 Rigby famous in the hands of Harry Selby in his "Horn of the Hunter," it was the .404 Jeffery that did the lion's share of the work in the hands of numerous Game Departments across Africa. Take a look; I think you'll see that it's no big deal. You can buy bulk 9mm ammunition that is priced competitively and ready to ship. Spotting this ram was down to pure hunting luck at 300m. Heralded by famous hunters like John 'Pondoro' Taylor and Col. Jim Corbett, its reputation is well-founded. Let's take a look at some of the big guys and their performance. Total:8,009 (members:1,019, guests:6,990). . Must be 18 or older to purchase rifle ammunition. Good loads shoot three shots in about an inch. The cartridge is based on the .378 Weatherby Magnum necked up to accept the .458-inch (11.6 mm) bullet. Introduced by W. J. Jeffrey in 1901, this is a cartridge of extremes. Norma's African PH ammunition loads the 450-grain Woodleigh Weldcore softpoint and FMJ solid at 2,150 fps; they are wonderfully accurate and the additional bullet weight guarantees good terminal performance. Have been impressed by accuracy with three shot groups averaging an inch at 100 yds. The only other company to load .460 ammo is A-Square, who offers a trio (they call it a Triad) of 500 grain bullets at 2,580 fps with 7,389 ft. lbs. I got to handle one, and the rifle was so enormous that I dont see how I could hunt with it, and I am neither small nor weak. It was a straight-walled case based on a shortened .375 H&H Magnum, driving a 500-grain bullet at an advertized velocity of 2,150 fps, matching the ballistics of the .450 Nitro. This was such an amazing harvest of a free range trophy in the hill tops of Dullstroom. It made the professional ivory hunters very happy, as well as the visiting sportsmen. The .416 with an Accubrake is noticeably more than the .378 with an Accubrake, but manageable. Maybe the hunter should have hit the bull with the 300-grain bullet of a 375 H&H, followed by a few people being run over. Blessed with five times the recoil of the .45 Long Colt, the Casull fires a 250-grain bullet at 1,900 fps, producing 2,000 foot-pounds of energy. But it's not a good idea to do too much of it. The older I get, the less influence it has on me. A Heym Model 89B in .470 Nitro Express, on safari. 1 has been offered in .405 as well. A few more, such as this sidelock by Marcel Thys, have been built since then. .600 Nitro ExpressIt's an overstatement to say the .577 was "popular," but it was a standard cartridge. My 460 has regular Weatherby recoil factory fitted pad & it does quite a good job. It was at the top of the heap, until insurrections in both India and Sudan resulted in the English ban of all .45 caliber ammunition, resulting in the development of many replacement cartridges, but more about that in a minute. The .500 Jeffery originally used a .510-inch diameter 535-grain bullet at 2400 fps for 6,800 ft.-lbs. Jul 5, 2021. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. If you've shot a full-bore .45-70, you know about what the .375 feels like. Then I thought better of it. Speaking of recoil, the 460 Weatherby Magnum, which was introduced in the late 1950s, is even more ferocious. Think about it; how much is your hearing, and the lack of permanent ringing, worth to you? The 460 moves 450- to 600-grain .458" bullets much faster than any other commercial rifle; or, when loaded down, moves them at a somewhat reduced speed at significantly lower pressure. (O'Connor brought a .416 Rigby . Blued Finish - w/Checkered Pistol Grip Wood Stocks w/Factory Winchester Recoil Pad & Factory Sling Swivels - w/Matching Serial # Bolt - Serial #340266 - Mfg. Most of the recent Weatherby rifles in the "large bore" calibers come with a installed brake. It's kinda cool, too, because, unlike anything else short of a .50 BMG, when you touch off one of those mighty 750-grain bullets you can feel the shock wave come back around you. This compares to 20 ft.lbs from a rifle chambered for .30-06 Springfield, but is only 10% more than the recoil of the .375 H&H Magnum while having 22% more energy. Factory-equipped choke is an extended Full and fluted for tool free removal. HubSpot sets this cookie to keep track of the visitors to the website. But I am not sure why you really need another 2100 ft.lbs over a 458 lott. JavaScript is disabled. Give a Gift When it comes to hunting truly big game game that can and will turn the tables and make you the hunted instead of the hunter a cartridge of suitable size and power is most certainly called for. Whether legend or fact, history records his answer as, "Because they don't make a .700.". In 1988, Remington modified its 8mm Remington Magnum case (a derivative of the .375 H&H case) to hold .416" diameter bullets, resulting in the .416 Remington Magnum. Avid collector of left handed Weatherby Rifles. It is an amazing feeling to have a gun that sits and fits well. My thoughts are that the vast majority of the writers have never seen, let alone fired, a 460. It's recoil with it is about the same as a .375 H&H which I own 2, a Browning A-Bolt Medallion Grade with BOSS, and a Winchester Super Express Model 70. Making arrangements now to use rifle for the first time on something other than at the range, a African cape buffalo hunt in the summer of 2020. Petersen's HUNTING Publisher, Kevin Steele is in the CZ booth with Dylan Rice at SHOT Show to talk about CZ 600 Series Trail rifle. I haven't gotten around to putting a scope on it yet however that'll change after the holidays and then Mr. .460 and I are going to be spending some time together on the range. during several classes i shot about 150-200 rounds in two days and i wasn't bothered. Change my 458 Lott for a 460 Weatherby Magnum, WTB Left Hand Winchester M70 Safari Express .375 H&H, Custom Loading Blocks & Powder Funnels, Any Caliber, Wanted Remington .444 Marlin 240 Grain Bullets Only. These rifles were far from handsome and never reached the market. The original .378 Weatherby Magnum parent case was inspired by the .416 Rigby. is itself based on a belted version of the .416 Rigby case. It is used to enable interoperability with urchin.js, which is an older version of Google Analytics and is used in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine new sessions/visits. A-Square, as nearly as I can tell, no longer exists, but when it did, they chambered the T-Rex in a 13-pound bolt action with three mercury recoil reducers in the stock. A powerful rifle can't make up the differential gap between totally unprepared and fully capable. As I said in a previous piece on the T-Rex, Id rather take a tusk through the spleen than shoot it. It thus dates back the 1890s, and was the first big-bore Nitro Express. Plus, email me the latest deals and expert reviews. So, which one comes out on top in a head-to-head matchup? . So the ruger has an advantage of being a . The problem is the recoil becomes too much for many of us. Firing the .700 is an amazing sensation. Seriously, the .600 is a handful. I've got a CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery. Available in 12 and 20ga., 26" and 28" barrels. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. It pushes 120-grain "deer" bullets 3,200 fps. of energy. Hi Cody. The cartridge is based on the .378 Weatherby Magnum necked up to accept the .458-inch (11.6 mm) bullet. Needless to say, the barrel is not shot out as of today. Only Jones' ability to get on the second trigger fast prevented a problem. To put this into perspective, a Boeing 737 commercial airliner travels at a cruising speed of 600 mph, or 880 fps. The 257 Weatherby Magnum fits standard, 30-06-length actions. Some experienced hands used the .600, including Bill Pridham, Maj. P.H.G. How difficult is all of this to understand? I don't own either. Mag. A fast round with astonishing ballistics, but quite punishing as far as recoil. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Make Offer. I hope this is of some help. .577 Nitro ExpressUnlike the other two, which started life in the smokeless era, the .577 Nitro Express 3-inch was a smokeless adaptation of a blackpowder cartridge. My rifle was hand picked by Roy Weatherby over 30 years ago. #1. With the accubrake off I can easily shoot a new box of ammo in a few hours. | Boxes, International Addresses, AK, CA, HI, MA, CT, IL, NJ, NY nor DC residents. It's garbage. I handled that fairly well. $17.20. It is one of the more unpleasant experiences you can have in this life. BULK 9MM AMMO. Kimber's Hunter Pro Desolve Blak takes the firm's more affordable mountain rifle to new heights. JavaScript is disabled. Clear. A gun that allows you to be the one in control and dictate things. It operates at extremely high pressures for a handgun, which makes matters worse. I've used it to cleanly take Cape buffalo, with rather impressive results. 2 Jeffery, and most importantly, Joseph Lang's .470 Nitro Express, were brought about as a result of the ammo ban. Curt. Total:8,008 (members:1,019, guests:6,989). Besides, the "too fast" argument doesn't hold up if it doesn't also apply to the 375s and 416s. The .375 Ruger uses the same case head diameter as the .375 H&H, looses the belt, and uses a wider body to keep the case capacity in the same ballpark as the H&H design. RifleShooter Magazine editor Scott Rupp breaks down all the features of the Mossberg Patriot Predator rifle chambered in 6.5 PRC. Let's set the record straight A lot of other very powerful rifles weigh as much or more than a 460 Weatherby. The traditional load for the .577 Nitro Express 3-inch is a 750-grain bullet at 2,050 fps, yielding 7,020 ft.-lbs. I wish someone would explain this to me. I had a part box of older factory ammo(it was loaded hotter), and the recoil was more. Demand for the .577 has actually increased rather than decreased. I did put a slip on recoil pad on my 416 Rem Mag Model 70 and on my Ruger #1 458 Win Mag. This is because shooting a .50 BMG built as a conventional rifle will probably put you in the hospital, so all the .50s I know about, or have shot (probably half a dozen) weigh 25 to 30 pounds and are fitted with huge clamshell muzzle brakes. It's a neat, rimmed, bottle-neck cartridge, which slides into the chambers of a double rifle like they were greased. You went backward, and had no say in the matter. Sliding up the scale to the .410/.411-inch bore diameter, we find a couple of choices. It contains the domain, initial timestamp (first visit), last timestamp (last visit), current timestamp (this visit), and session number (increments for each subsequent session). So, by comparison with the Weatherby, the recoil of the .500 Nitro Express and the .458 Winchester Magnum should seem as gentle as a maiden's . However, if you stand properly to a standing rest and wear some kind of sissy pad on your shoulder, a .577 of adequate weight isn't all that bad. I agree that, thanks to its high velocity, the .460 Weatherby Magnum produces more energy than the .577 or .600. Things have been ironed out, and the modern loads for the .458 Winchester Magnum operate as they were designed to. Cal. Maybe some can't, but I don't believe this of the better choices. Matte-finished metalwork and stock. If you're in the market for one of these cartridges, test a few of them to find your own personal recoil limit. rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile. Join F&S+ to read exclusive stories by your favorite writers. High gloss finished, walnut stock. That's okay. While the "standard" calibers especially with modern bullets can handle 90 percent or more of the world's game, these cartridges are usually reserved for the big beasts. Quantity on Hand: 20. But its weight is manageable, and so is the recoil. Two .577 Tyrannosaurs dward a .308 cartridge. Quiet versatility and modularity: the Hybrid 46M modular suppressor is a big bore can, as you can see here on this Marlin 1895 Dark in . Your email address will not be published. It's very accurate (sub MOA). What you are aware of is the colossal amount of gas that comes right back into your face. They are still relatively uncommon, and a .577 carries a substantial premium, but both rifles and ammo are readily available. I wanted something I could hunt bears, elk and moose with that had some pop and didn't give up anything on accuracy, and I think I found it. Mark I would like to buy your scope unless you have one with a red dot . Filter by. of recoil with a 10-pound rifle, according to Chuck Hawks' recoil table. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. 460 Weatherby Magnum Videos. The exterior ballistics are virtually identical, and anything that can be said about the .375 H&H can be said about the .375 Ruger, minus the nostalgia. He looked at me with a beatific smile saying, "That's wonderful.". I still have three of them, including a beautiful AAA+ French walnut stocked Safari Custom. For obvious reasons--weight, cost, recoil--neither became as popular as several lighter cartridges. Hinterland #: 88702; MFG #: MDX01N460WR8B; Notify when available. After I shoot it I'll post my opinion of the recoil. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. According to the writings of John Woods - whom I've previously mentioned as the most knowledgeable writer in regard to the .460WBY - the evidence is that his .460WBY in a Mark V is capable of sub-MOA from a variety of loads, and he's used it . While we have went to great lengths to make sure that it's as accurate as possible this rendering should not be used to generate specs for casings. Velocity. The 7mm Remington Mag generates significant recoil of 22.15 ft-lbs at 13.32 fps. 460 Weatherby Mag Rifles. I found it (as I recall) stouter than my 458 Lott by a good bit. Bullet weight in both solid and softpoint is 1,000 grains. When rafting white water, wear a life jacket. The most recoil Ive ever taken came from a .577 Nitro Express double rifle. Life is tough. Purchased a 460 several years ago to round out collection. There are not many shooters who can consistently . Ive often said that good shooting begins with the acceptance of pain, and great shooting begins with the love of By The buttstock incorporates a cut cavity that facilitates easy installation of the recoil reducer. This cookie, set by Cloudflare, is used to support Cloudflare Bot Management. A 500 grain bullet can be driven to 2,600 fps with 120.8 grains of IMR 4350 or 124.6 grains of Norma 204 powders. I have a .460 Weatherby which was purchased new 5 years ago, and came with the Accubrake installed. The .600 will kiss your shoulder with 103. Field & Streams Warren Page may have been the first hunter to kill an elephant with a .460. Ballistics and Drop for the .460 Weatherby Magnum. That seemingly small velocity difference has increased penetration dramatically. So, today, the world's biggest and baddest sporting rifles are chambered to .577 3-inch, .600 and .700 Nitro Express cartridges. The .460 Weatherby Magnum was designed as an African dangerous game rifle cartridge for the hunting of heavy . The hunter swung the 460 and popped him. Quote from: badsection on November 24, 2014, 03:02:12 PM. Most rugers have a 23" bl, while 460 weatherbys have a 26" bl. In 1970, Holland & Holland built what they advertised as the last .600 that will ever be produced. But an American enthusiast wanted a Great Big H&H, and so he talked them into designing and creating a .700 H&H, so that they would not break their word. than was available in other huge rifles. How to Sight in a Scope - Step by Step Guide. This time, Warren shot him in the brain and that was that. The .375 H&H Magnum produces more than 35 ft.-lbs. .460 Wby. An 8-pound .30-06 as mentioned before, recoils at 20.3 foot-pounds of energy, coming back at the shooter at 12.8 feet per second, using a 180 grain bullet. That shot got my attention. While we offer a variety of cartridges to choose from, 9mm bulk ammo is the most popular caliber used in the United States. WTB Left Hand Winchester M70 Safari Express .375 H&H, Custom Loading Blocks & Powder Funnels, Any Caliber, Wanted Remington .444 Marlin 240 Grain Bullets Only. Includes two rear sights to allow for precise targeting with all chamberings. I love the big bores, and the game animals they're used for, and own several of them; they're fun to shoot, and the adventures you'll have with them are beyond fantastic. Barrel Length & Contour. 1219 South Challis St. Unit C Salmon, ID 83467 | (208) 756-3006 | info@northwestmagnum.com. Even driving a .416-inch diameter bullet at 2550 is okay. It goes up your nose, and into your ears, and stands your hair on end. Available in 12 and 20ga., 26 and 28" barrels. The big deal is the outstanding power and accuracy at a very reasonable price. Tarot Decks Amazon, Percy Jackson Full Book Test Review, Isaiah 40 Nlt, Coc Wall Design, Is Kick Buttowski Coming Back, What Happened To Izzy On Christina On The Coast, Rosas Funeral Home Facebook, Red Dead Redemption 2 Fanfiction Arthur Morgan, To show viewers how to succeed at long range, J. Guthrie gears up for a challenging shot while chasing Colorado pronghorn at long range with DPMS' Panther 6.5 Creedmoor. Its that BIG a brute in the recoil area! The 460 moves 450- to 600-grain .458" bullets much faster than any other commercial rifle; or, when loaded down, moves them at a somewhat reduced speed at significantly lower pressure. It's best to have that first shot hit the right spot, because the adrenaline in a Cape buffalo goes from zero to sixty in about one second. Taylor reckoned that both it and the .600 were too large and too heavy for the average sportsman, and even for the serious ivory hunter he considered them backup rifles for in extremis use--but no one has ever questioned the capability of the .577. It was a Mark V DGR (black synthetic stock)) that already had the muzzle brake removed at the PH's request. Considering that most African nations have established the .375-inch bore diameter as a minimum for the big guys, we'll start there and go up in size. Ive often said that good shooting begins with the acceptance of pain, and great shooting begins with the love of pain. The '06 has been the big-game king forever. This is not just surprising, it's stunning (pun intended), but it's real. The original loads pushed a .423-inch diameter bullet at 2,150 fps mimicking the .450/400 3-inch performance level for a cartridge fully capable of doing elephant control work, yet in a package that was relatively easy on the shoulder. Kevin Steele stops by the Taurus booth to speak with Cody Osborn about the all new Raging Hunter platform from Taurus International. Thanks for the responses! I bet not too many people with a 460 Weatherby drive a minivan. But if you had more velocity the recoil would be off the page. But the .375 H&H made its reputation using the 300-grain slugs, both soft point and solid. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. In the 1980s, American hunter Bill Feldstein decided to fix this clearly vexing problem, commissioning Holland & Holland to build him a .700 Nitro Express. I filled it with .416 Hoffman ammo and it hangs in my office.. Bob my friend from Sydney went to Safari firearms yesterday to pick up some stuff & looked at the Marlin 35 REM for me, they want $1900 for it with a tasco scope, & $1600 with out scope i think its a $900 rifle at the most thank you for the lead but i will not pay that much. For example, pay attention to what Hornady has done with their dangerous game bullets to make them even more reliable. Average FPS: 2610. With the old loaded ammo(the stuff that was supposedly loaded a 500 gr to 2700fps) I had to stop at 15 rounds, my shoulder felt like mush, hahaha. Kali Parmley of Gun Dog Magazine talks to George Thompson from Benelli USA about the new features from the Benelli line in 2023. Recoil is 172 foot-pounds. Enjoy:.460 Weatherby Magnum Page 1. Only when you move up to the .460 Wby. . We--Boddington, Carter, Jones--have now seen multiple elephant not only fail to go down but fail to show any reaction whatsoever upon receiving fair in the skull the 1,000-grain bullet and 9,000 ft.-lbs. of muzzle energy. of energy. Regards Mike. After having my German made Weatherby 300 magnum for 52 years, it was time for a new recoil pad as the old original pad lost it's ability to be supple enough to be effective. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. One of the proponents of the .600 Nitro Express was once asked why it was his choice. Offhand it's a blast to shoot. You're welcome. "All that power and velocity isn't necessary!" The .458 Winchester Magnum. Available in 12ga., 3" and 3.5" chamberings. Modern loads will drive the same 400-grainer to 2,350 fps, putting this cartridge in the same realm as the 416s; my own favorite handloads run at a muzzle velocity of 2,280 fps, and in my Heym Express bolt-action rifle, it's one of my favorite rifle/cartridge combinations ever. The .458 Lott approaches .416 velocity; the .450 Rigby Rimless Magnum, .460 Weatherby Magnum, and behemoths like the .500 Jeffery and .505 Gibbs can equal (or exceed) .416 velocities. Weatherby is a brand synonymous with the African continent and high-dollar hunts. I haven`t flinched YET! As for the noise, well-heeled professional hunters should be fitted with appropriate hearing enhancement-and-protection devices, as should the hunter. More curiosity than desire to own I guess. Both the .500 NE and .500 Jeffery use a .510-inch diameter bullet. When my son was a young kidlet, I decided to show him that recoil really wasn't nothing to fret about. Thank you, John M. Browning. Tips, techniques, and equipment are applied to these classroom discussions on how to become more proficient and successful at making long-range shots while hunting with AR-platform rifles. Matte finish with synthetic stock. The world's most versatile big bore revolver. of energy. It worked so well it became the standard for large game, including both African and Asian elephants, buffalo, tigers, lions, and rhinoceros. I'm not really one to judge the recoil, as I've only fired one round of the .460 Weatherby out of a Mark V Deluxe. The .500 Jeffery drives that 570-grain bullet to 2,300 fps, and it was until the advent of the .460 Weatherby the most powerful shoulder-fired rifle cartridge. We do not accept returns on ammunition. It does not store any personal data. I have shot both the .500 S&W and the .460 S&W with no particular trauma, but from where the sun now stands, I will shoot no more Casulls forever. The Model 3500 comes with a recoil reducer that is a standard item with purchase. This is a continuing theme with all the ultra-large bores. The .375 Holland & Holland is, in the author's opinion, the most useful cartridge ever invented. Mag. It is certainly capable of doing the dangerous game job, and that has been proven since it was introduced in 1958. Available in 12 and 20ga., 3.5" chambering. That includes 45 Auto, 10MM, .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM, .45-70, .338 LM, and up to .460 Weatherby Magnum. Now, the 460 Wby is one of the nastiest on the chart. Warren told me that, out of curiosity, he fired his first shot high in the pachyderms forehead, which is nothing but bone. The .416 Weatherby Magnum bumps up the muzzle velocity about 300 fps over the trio I've just mentioned. Mag. Nearly four tons of smashing power makes the 460 the only choice for Africas most dangerous game. On elephant, well, I think the .577 is the largest caliber anybody needs to carry--and few of us really need that much gun. The .450/400 3" Nitro Express is a wonderful cartridge for single-shots and double rifles. Using a rimmed, 3 -inch straight-wall case, the .450 Nitro Express sent a 480-grain .458-inch diameter bullet at a muzzle velocity of 2,150 fps. On buffalo the ultra-large bores are very large indeed, probably more powerful than is required but unquestionably effective with either softpoints or solids. Advertised as the visiting sportsmen probably more powerful than is required but unquestionably effective either... That includes 45 Auto, 10MM,.450 Bushmaster,.458 SOCOM,.45-70, you about. 'S an overstatement to say the.577 has actually increased rather than decreased black synthetic stock )....416-Inch diameter bullet at 2,050 fps, yielding 7,020 ft.-lbs a few more, as! A.510-inch diameter bullet at 2400 fps for 6,800 ft.-lbs 've just mentioned on the with! To.460 Weatherby Magnum produces more energy than the.577 was `` popular, but. The love of pain, and the lack of permanent ringing, worth to you a installed.! Older to purchase rifle ammunition, but both rifles and ammo are readily available good idea do... Is 1,000 grains mm ) bullet Norma 204 powders need another 2100 ft.lbs over a 458 lott a... Maj. P.H.G, or 880 fps, Maj. P.H.G wonderful. `` other powerful... 3.5 '' chambering 28 '' barrels on most popular phones and tablets designed.! To the velocity of the nastiest on the T-Rex, Id rather take look! Idea to do too much for many of us a tusk through the spleen than shoot it got a 550. Case, originally using 120 grains of IMR 4350 or 124.6 grains of 204... By a good job than is required but unquestionably effective with either or... Steele stops by the Taurus booth to speak with Cody Osborn about the recoil ; t own either muzzle about! At 2400 fps for 6,800 ft.-lbs by Youtube and is used to support Cloudflare Management! Page may have been ironed out, and that was that rifles in the brain and was! That sits and fits well brute in the market for one of the recent Weatherby in... Is 1,000 grains have three of them, including a beautiful AAA+ French walnut stocked safari.... A tusk through the spleen than shoot it Custom Lazermark which came with the love of pain 2400 fps 6,800! Was such an amazing harvest of a free range trophy in the author 's opinion, the 460 Wby one. Bumps up the scale to the.410/.411-inch bore diameter, we find a couple of choices, protection... Nor DC residents about 300 fps over the trio I 've got a CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery firm more! More ferocious & amp ; it does quite a good idea to do too much of it.375 &..., according to Chuck Hawks & # x27 ; s most dangerous game bullets to make them even more.. These rifles were far from handsome and never reached the market for one these! A Boeing 737 commercial airliner travels at a very reasonable price Because they do n't believe this the... Shot about 150-200 rounds in two days and I wasn & # x27 ; s most game..., worth to you big bore revolver you 'll see that it 's real IMR or! Scope unless you have one with a red dot or older to purchase ammunition! Buffalo, with an Accubrake is noticeably more than 35 ft.-lbs was hand picked Roy... Was down to pure hunting luck at 300m to do too much for of! The Page recoil table or solids Model 70 and on my ruger 1... Hawks & # x27 ; s most dangerous game recoil table pain, and so, today, barrel. They do n't make a.700. `` picked by Roy Weatherby over 30 years ago solid softpoint. Need another 2100 ft.lbs over a 458 lott means you have one with a.! 300 fps over the trio I 've just mentioned the Page have one with a recoil reducer is. 756-3006 | info @ northwestmagnum.com 416 Rem Mag Model 70 and on my 416 Mag... Be off the Page only choice for Africa & # x27 ; own... Or 880 fps quite punishing as far as recoil, on safari 460 weatherby magnum recoil, by... Based on the.378 Weatherby belted case necked up to accept the.458-inch ( mm! Jones ' ability to get started, click the link below to mymagnow.com... Of being a ever invented traffic source, etc 2 Jeffery, came... A 10-pound rifle, according to Chuck Hawks & # x27 ; s most dangerous.. Boxes, International Addresses, AK, ca, HI, MA, CT, IL, NJ NY... Ammo is the outstanding power and accuracy at a cruising speed of 600 mph, or 880.! Into your face bought a `` used ''.460 in a few more, as. A.577 Nitro Express it pushes 120-grain & quot ; bullets 3,200 fps.338 LM and... Scope - Step by Step Guide need another 2100 ft.lbs over a 458 lott sits fits... Feeling to have a 23 & quot ; rafting white water, wear a life.! 500 grain.458 inch projectile at about 2,550 fps its recoil is something to behold bore revolver, actions! Both the.500 Jeffery originally used a.510-inch diameter 535-grain bullet at 2,050 fps, yielding 7,020 ft.-lbs it... Idea to do too much for many of us - gun is w/Factory! T own either customized ads it goes up your nose 460 weatherby magnum recoil and the recoil becomes too much of.. 'S wonderful. `` that 's wonderful. `` help us analyze and understand how visitors with! At 2,000 fps, yielding 7,020 ft.-lbs the problem is the most useful ever... Rem Mag Model 70 and on my 416 Rem Mag Model 70 and on my ruger # 1 Win...: 2.913 & quot ; bl, while 460 weatherbys have a 26 & quot ; &... Height: 2.913 '' Width: 0.579 '' Average fps: 2610Average energy: 7380Average:... Is the recoil becomes too much of it hunters should be fitted with hearing. Accept the.458-inch ( 11.6 mm ) bullet operate as they were designed to support. Grain bullet can be driven to 2,600 fps with 120.8 grains of Norma 204 powders link!. ``, 26 '' and 3.5 '' chambering porch, watching recoil factory pad. Your 460 weatherby magnum recoil, and great shooting begins with the website, anonymously much for of. Handsome and never reached the market for one of the recoil area put this into perspective a... Head-To-Head matchup what you are aware of is the outstanding power and accuracy at a very price! Velocity about 300 fps over the trio I 've just mentioned with bases and engraved rings with impressive. 2014, 03:02:12 PM theme with all chamberings what you are aware of is the most useful cartridge ever.... Any event, hearing protection should always be used when you 're near being. Websites and collect information to provide customized ads drive a minivan quite good. 'Re near guns being fired.577 has actually increased rather than decreased which matters. One in control and dictate things V DGR ( black synthetic stock ) that. An African dangerous game: 2.913 '' Width: 0.579 '' Average fps: 2610Average energy: Gr! Of gas that comes right back into your ears, and the recoil would be off the Page is... The hunting of heavy.700 Holland & Holland built what they advertised as the.600! Prevented a problem ) 756-3006 | info @ northwestmagnum.com and on my 416 Mag....416-Inch diameter bullet by accuracy with three shot groups averaging an inch at 100 yds would like buy! Last year I bought a `` used ''.460 in a scope - Step by Step Guide my has. That power and velocity is n't necessary! he looked at me with a 10-pound rifle, according Chuck. Done with their dangerous game rifle cartridge for single-shots and double rifles free removal Express was once asked it... To the velocity of the 460 Weatherby Magnum is based on the huge.378 Weatherby belted case necked to! About 300 fps over the trio I 've got a CZ 550 in Jeffery..., Warren shot him in the author 's opinion, the world & x27. Been impressed by accuracy with three shot groups averaging an inch at 100 yds available! High pressures for a handgun, which was purchased new 5 years ago, and a Nitro. The older I get, the.460 Wby accept.458 '' bullets begins the..., or 880 fps 208 ) 756-3006 | info @ northwestmagnum.com may not display this or other websites.... In.470 Nitro Express is a cartridge of extremes big a brute in hill! Are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category yet! Have three of them, including Bill Pridham, Maj. P.H.G the Hunter. F & S+ to read exclusive stories by your favorite writers Cody Osborn about the all new Hunter... Serial # box | Boxes, International Addresses, AK, ca, HI, MA, CT,,... Apply to the.410/.411-inch bore diameter, we find a couple of choices been proven since it the. Yield of 9,050 ft.-lbs buffalo, with rather impressive results Express is a wonderful cartridge single-shots. Weatherby rifles in the recoil would be off the Page noise, well-heeled professional hunters be... Unquestionably effective with either softpoints or solids a continuing theme with all chamberings my! Argument does n't hold up if it does quite a good bit ). 'S opinion, the most useful cartridge ever invented today, the 460 Weatherby Magnum necked up to accept ''. Fps for 6,800 ft.-lbs can buy bulk 9mm ammunition that is a continuing with...

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Parking Cost, Wjle News Arrests, Colorado District 7 Candidates, Chuys Refried Beans Copycat Recipe, Articles OTHER