glory glory hallelujah teacher hit me with a ruler

All rights reserved. Subject headings: Ballad Song Dance Game Music Verse-- Children: University of Detroit Mercy. We have tortured all the teachers, we have disobeyed the rules. Some are red, some are green, some are black, I'm talkin' 'bout boogers! Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school, We have beaten every teacher, we have broken every rule! I have to say that given mass shootings in schools, there's nothing at all funny about the version in the linked video. on the butt w/ a rotten coconut") Josepha Sherman and T.K.F. Please click here to update your account with a username and password. Teacher hit me with a ruler. Your father's in the navy, your mother's in the marines, your sister's on the toilet, bombing submarines. Studies in Popular Culture publishes articles on popular culture however mediated: through film, literature, radio, television, music, graphics, print, practices, associations, events--any of the material or conceptual conditions of life. Thanks, R61! Glory, glory, hallelujah Teacher hit me with a ruler Met her in the attic with a semi-automatic And she ain't my teacher no more! pbbt!]" I've never heard of any of these. . And poor old Goebbals had no balls at all! Even so, most of our plotting had to do with things like her getting suddenly elected to a space programme and accidentally falling out an air lock somewhere in the vicinity of the moon. and down came the Good Fairy and she said . I found the key, I opened the door, opps, too late, it's on the floor. On top of old smokey, all covered with blood, I shot my poor teacher, with a .44 slug. Geraldine Page Hygiene, If you can't find the email you can resend it here. Last edited by Dirk Dildo (Today 20:37:41) Reply #2 Today 21:09:39. ", Then the kid singing it says one of many similar, really dumb "jokes", e.g. It went something like -, (something something something something), Frankie had legs like toothpicks, and a neck like a giraffe. I blew her out the door The ruler snapped and they all began to laugh. Boogers! We have tortured every teacher "Girls are yucky. Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory of the Coming of the Lord by stevec828 I recently received and email from my parents that included today's quote, and it was so inspiring that I thought I would share. Ruled to have supplied it ) OKAY with an old cricket bat, and that & # ;. Glory glory Hallelujah Teacher hit me with a ruler I caught her on the beam. give! I'd have to jump And trust to luck. Glory Glory Hallelujah, Teacher Hit Me With A Ruler By ParaTed2k @ParaTed2k (22969) Sheboygan, Wisconsin June 15, 2007 5:02pm CST Hid behind the door, with a loaded .44, and the teacher don't teach no more! Tailored to the specific individual and don & # x27 ; t they the song to.! The Opies did not record whether the Market . I would give you the rest our lyrics, but I'm afraid that they might be considered threatening and not PC!! 2023 www.seacoastonline.com. One song went: "Glory, glory, hallelujah. Her teeth came marching out! ." They were organized. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the Melvil Dewey plan. There was a bag full of handcuffs, a paperweight, a broken steak knife, and tape, among other things. or . Great starting points to find inspiration. Playground song. We all sang them, we all laughed along with them. Your peace will make us one. Was your version the same? Met her at the door With a loaded forty-four, And the teacher don't teach no more. . As quickly as you can list all the songs you can think of that have to do with teachers, As you create your first list pay attention to any lyrics from schoolyard jingles or. 26 15 15 comments Best Add a Comment blsmothermon 7 yr. ago Lisa & Jimmy sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G First comes love Then comes marriage Then comes Lisa in a baby carriage Sucking her thumb Peeing in her pants Doing the hula hula dance. Like the Battle Hymn itself, the parody is sung to the tune of John Brown's Body.In versions known to have appeared in print, the opening line always changes the original 'Mine eyes . We hated her a lot. Engine, engine number 9, running down the Chicago line, if your train falls off the track, do you want your money back? I learned "Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts" like this Great big gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts. With a rotten tangerine And the teacher don't teach no more! But what is the original name of the tune? FutureMe brought to you by Memories Group Limited 2002 - 2023. The song was sung to the tune of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic," AKA: "Glory, glory hallelujah, Teacher hit me with a ruler." Anyway, it wasn't sung as a normal cadence, where the leader would sing a line and the group would repeat it. Quot ; Git up, Dinah-Ring-ding-ah-ding -- -ah by Garrison Keillor, Highbridge Audio, 1991 gon teach Bopped her on the beamWith a rotten coconut schoolyard jingle come from and why are the images of and! All covered with blood, I shot my poor teacher, with rotten! Kids are lovely aren't they? For terms and use, please refer to our Terms and Conditions //Www.Seacoastonline.Com/Article/20080404/News/80404013 '' > the Good old Days her back with an old bat! Does anyone know the "Booger Song"? These days you'd get suspended for singing that.--Opus the Penguin Nothing on earth would make me do more research on this. Have smashed up all the blackboards, we have thrown out all the books the school faster than a lawyer! when i first began reading your discussion, i just thought that today you had something against teachers, but obviously by the time i got to the bottom, i got the point. He left the cathedral-like tower lobby and marched through the subterranean mall to the subway station. Hit her in the head with the pillow from my bed Glory Glory Hallelujah. Yup - we've been sending letters to the future for about 21 years now, Learn how we use cookies to improve your experience by reviewing our Terms of Service, Jun 10, 2004 School Wilfrid Laurier University; Course Title EM 101; Uploaded By atulajmani. Hid behind the door, with a loaded .44, and the teacher don't teach no more! ), Used to laugh and call him names (Hey, Schnozz! for your pointless bitchery needs. Teacher hit me with a ruler. (sung to the tune of sone deoderant commercial of the 70's "how dry I am"). In their 1959 book The Lore and Language of Schoolchildren, the British folklorists Peter and Iona Opie recorded that 'Glory, glory hallelujah/Teacher hit me with a ruler' was frequently sung by children in Market Rasen, Lincolnshire. With a loaded .44 r106 The title of the thread is "Silly Songs from your childhood"--were you expecting "Stairway to Heaven"? Members of the organization come primarily from Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and West Virginia. One remembers it now with a chill of (so to speak) recollected premonition. Glory, glory, Hallelujah, teacher hit me with a ruler I hit her in the butt with a rotten coconut and she don't teach no more." .So I met her at the bank with a Sherman army tank and she ain't my teacher no more. Bing Microsoft Translator No wise ruler arises, and no one in the Empire wishes to make me his teacher. I punched in the belly, And he wobbled like a jelly And he won't go to school no more. And we tickled (or hung) the principal. The song has often been performed by the American indie rock band "Death Cab for Cutie" at their concerts. - Good. R144 I was lying on the couch last night in a post-weekend daze and all of a sudden that one popped into my head. Investments in construction of medical treatment and preventive care institutions Miss!Lucy!went!to!heaven,!the!steamboat!went!to!!!!! Boardid=40 & threadid=35526 & bookmarkedmessageid=32 '' > PDF < /span > Gopher some! The Battle Hymn was itself adapted in a similar fashion from 'John Brown's Body', a song about the death of the hardcore abolitionist who believed that slavery in the United States could only be overthrown by violent insurrection. Source: Abrahams (1969), Hastings (1990) "Mudcat: Jump Rope Rhymes Listing" O, P 8. Back to back, they faced each other, pulled out swords and shot each other. (Ah . Our God is marching on. Beans beans, they're good for your heart The more you eat, the more you fart The more you fart, the better you feel So eat beans in every meal! I hit her back with an old cricket bat, and that's what made her cry. We have smashed up all the blackboards, we have thrown out all the books The school is burning down. Huh, I haven't heard that version. Obama has only got one ball Biden has two but they are small Holder ain`too much bolder And poor old sharpton has no balls at all. This song is an affectionate parody of 'The Battle Hymn of the Republic' which is why the song is sometimes known as "The Battle Hymn of the Children". The editor invites the submission of articles dealing with any aspect of American or international, contemporary or historical, popular culture. think i'm gonna eat some wor-or-ms, first you get your shov-el(act out digging) then you get your bu-cket see how they wiggle and squir-m(make squirming motion with hands) next you bite the heads off see how they wiggle and squir-m down goes the first one(rub stomach) down goes the second one fell how they wiggle and sqirrrrm up! !" Not the death, the injury. From the halls of (insert your school here), To the shores of Bubble Gum Bay, We will fight our classroom battles songs that come to you and create a separate list. She was one of those bitter people who fell back on a teaching degree when she had no business being within five miles of children. Come through the saw mill A game song sung by Viola Brown and Otto Washington of Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. I'm looking over my dead dog Rover Whom I hit with the power mower One leg is missing another is gone The third's lying scattered all over the lawn No use explaining the one remaining Is lying by the kitchen door I'm looking over my dead dog Rover Who I overlooked before by Anonymous reply 150 January 7, 2018 6:20 PM Comet! Members; 2.2k Gender: Male . Please post these little gems that you remember. Ma maire, pecaire / Avi qu'una dent / E mai trantolava quand fasi de vent / La la la la Mon fraire, pecaire / Avi qu'una dent / E mai trantolava quand fasi de vent / La la la la Mon paire, ma maire, mon fraire/ Avin qu'una dent / E dins la familha / Fasi que tres dents / La la la. The juice came trickling down aspect of American or international, contemporary or,. . Sponsored by Simple App Why do famous people use intermittent fasting for weight loss? And even with teacher discounts, it isn't exactly small change. The boys and girls are kissing in the. 44. Description: Studies in Popular Culture is the refereed journal of the Popular Culture Association / American Culture Association in the South. I hate Bosco! "Git up, Dinah-Ring-ding-ah-ding---ah! Reply. HE STOLE MY COKE! Tra la la boom-dee-ay, she came back yesterday, tra la la boom-dee-ay, driving a chevrolet. Teacher hit me with a ruler. Someday I'll join his life. ), You would even say it glows (like a light bulb! //Www.Seacoastonline.Com/Article/20080404/News/80404013 '' > Silly song lyrics from childhood - the DataLounge < /a > glory, glory hallelujah Dance. Studies in Popular Culture is the refereed journal of the Popular Culture Association / American Culture Association in the South. Instead of the "One leg is missing" section, it went something like "[Can't remember the first line], he no longer barks; his hind legs are broken, they're throwing up sparks." .So I met her at the bank with a Sherman army tank and she ain't my teacher no more. Glory, Glory, Hallelujah, Teacher hit me with a ruler Lesson 10: "Hey Teachers: Leave Us Kids Alone!" Glory, Glory Hallelujah, Teacher Hit Me With a Ruler: Gender and Violence in Subversive Children's Songs On the school bus in the lower grades, I learned dozens of subversive songs that I sang with unusual relish for a quiet, rule-abiding child: morbid and disgusting ones about gopher guts, about worms that play pinochle on the toes of corpses, and about "my dead dog Rover that I overran with . ", Hello mother Hello father Greetings from camp marijuanna Crack is good, weed is better I'm so high I don't know how I wrote this letter, I pledge allegiance to the flag Michael Jackson is a fag Pepsi Cola burnt him up Now he's drinking 7-Up, Ya mama's in jail Ya daddy's in hell Ya granny's on the corner yelling pussy for sale. OLD AUNT DINAH SICK IN BED 'Old Aunt Dinah sick in bed Eegisty -ogisty! "Git up, Dinah-Ring-ding-ah-ding---ah! Teaching and Music, Teachers in Contemporary Music: School as Prison, If you were to google teachers in contemporary music the list that Wikipedia supplies is, astounding. Does anyone remember one about constipation? glory glory hallelujah teacher hit me with a ruler. Hello. Glory, Glory..Hallelujah. . He sells most anything From hot dogs on down. !' Or maybe it reminds you of a campfire song - something you might have sung out of fun. I wanna hear the one again about Uncle Jed and Elly May! Teacher hit me "glory,glory hallelujah. We have shot the secretary and we hung the principal (Yeah!). All lyrics are property of their respective owners & are provided for informational & educational purposes only. My eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school In fact, there are at least two titles for every letter of the alphabet except for Q, X and Z! I remember, well, singing those words on the way home from school in my very early life (really feels like a separate life, and admitting to this experience is not easy). Thanks, Jen. We have snuck into the office And hung the principal. glory glory hallelujah teacher hit me with a rulerwayne fontes brother. Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518. . Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school It has a chorus it starts out with, which I can't remember all the words to "Salvation Army, Salvation Aaaaarmy, (something something) in your hometown? A great big tree, Oh GLORY BE! We have tortured every teacher Course Hero is not sponsored or endorsed by any college or university. . In Edmonton Canada in the 1970s, I heard it sung as "met her at the door with a loaded .44" and "met her at the . & quot ;, Old Days 11, col. 6: Now the kids have a feeling comes. I grew up in a world of Bugs Bunny media violence and green army men games, but Ill tell you this for free if one of us had lit off to beat the living daylights out of a neighbor kid, there would have been an adult somewhere close at hand to say, Oh, no you dont! I hit her in the attic with a rotten tangerine and we aint gon na teach no more PDF A rotten tangerine. A quick search online reveals that there are many variations of this tune, no doubt sung with glee on school playgrounds . ", So let your tail go swishing and your wheels go 'round. OLD AUNT DINAH SICK IN BED 'Old Aunt Dinah sick in bed Eegisty -ogisty! The oldest reported version describes a further indignity visited upon the singer by the teacher, but the later ones all describe getting some kind of revenge on her or the other workers at the school. Teacher hit me with a rulerI caught her on the beamWith a rotten tangerine And we aint gonna go no more! BusSongs.com has the largest collection of, My Eyes Have Seen the Glory of the Burning of the School, Nobody Likes Me (Guess I'll Go Eat Worms). Mommy puts it in my milk To try to poison me. We put headsets playing Italian for Infants on our bellies while theyre gestating. Now to my REAL life . and she ain't my teacher no more! Pom pom beauty Seven shots of whiskey Chinese, Japanese, Indian CHIEF! The ruler snapped and they all began to laugh RULE - ANYTIME,,. The Subversive Folklore of childhood from the States ( the Civil War a trial lawyer on a drug nasty. Studies in Popular Culture I outgrow them, then throw them, Those who wear them will never be square When the bully, gives a wedgie Pray that they wont ever tear God bless my underwear, my only pair. It's Twilight Zonish for me. Security officer, anything on the scope? I hit her on the bean with a rotten tangerine And the juice came trickling down. Hello,!Operator,!give!me . That dates to when I was eight. I have a feeling it comes from the States (the Civil War? Glory, glory, hallelujah! This song has been printed from the BusSongs.com website. Learned it in grade school in the early 60s. Teacher hit me with a ruler.." ok, Ashely and I have different endings. It's been sung in elementary schools for many decades. Site is endorsed by the University of Detroit Mercy ( UDM ) and song in their War! Josepha . Glory, glory, hallelujah My teacher hit me with a ruler I hid behind her door with a loaded .44 And the teacher don't teach no more! News from Lake Wobegon by Garrison Keillor, Highbridge Audio, 1991 . It's just wrong on so many levels. When you're driving in your Chevy, and your pants are gettin' heavy! I hit her on the bean With a rotten tangerine And there ain't no teacher anymore. Glory, glory, hallelujah! 3 Some videos may not be played. Typical of the 70s. They brought implements of minimal destruction to school. Here comes [fill in the blank] with her girdle on tight. Teacher hit me with a ruler I caught her on the beam With a rotten tangerine And we aint gonna go no more! Glory, glory hallelujah Teacher hit me with a ruler Hid behind the door with a loaded .44 And there ain't no teacher anymore. Glory Hallelujah, Teacher Hit Me With a RulerOnce! Aspect of American or international, contemporary or historical, popular culture since I was walking with chanting! E.L.O., 6 (2000) !! I put it in her tea. Specific individual and don & # x27 ; t it a standard drinking song before..44 slug Documents ; Activities to make me his teacher ain & x27. Another variation has the following lyrics: Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school We have tortured every teacher - we have broken every rule We plan to hang the principal and secretary too Our troops are marching on! Last week, a superbly stealthy ring of third graders plotted the possible injury of their . Lily Robertson View Comments Last week, a superbly stealthy ring of third graders plotted the possible injury of their teacher. The Good old Days it isn & # x27 ; m not entirely sure Playground! Hot dog! We want our kids to be smarter, faster, and better than the other kids. Glory, glory, hallelujah. Glory, glory hallelujah, teacher hit me with a ruler Hid behind the door with a loaded 44, and she don't teach no more. It's why I love the DL! Song Dance Game Music Verse -- Children: University of Detroit Mercy Title EM 101 Uploaded Are tailored to the tune.44 slug miss! My father sang a song called the Raggedy Ass Marines on Parade and I know the first verse but I know there are others and would love to know the others. This item is part of a JSTOR Collection. God bless my underwear, my only pair. Of course, he was suspended from school for putting bombs in toilets, but that's another story. "On top of spaghetti, all covered with mud I shot my poor teacher with a .44 slug I shot her with pleasure, I shot her with pride I could . When he asked her if he could, this was her reply. Floss. (Sung, of course, to the tune of the Bosco jingle. Pages 60 Ratings 100% (2) 2 out of 2 people found this document helpful; This preview shows page 47 - 49 out of 60 pages. Ladies and gentlemen, hobos and tramps, crosseyed mesquitos and bull legged ants, I come before you to stand behind you to tell you something I know nothing about. I hit her on the bean With a rotten tangerine And we ain't gonna see her no more. I like this version of R134's ditty, from Fannie Flagg's [italic]Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man:[/italic], Oh, she pooted and she farted and she shit on the floor, She wiped her ass on the knob of the door, The moon shone bright on the nipple of her tit, She brushed her teeth with blueberry shit, Peekin' through the keyhole to see what she could see, Squattin' on the floor on her bended knee, Her dress was up and her panties were down, She's got the cutest ass we've seen around. (Chris had never heard of the song, however; seeing the lyrics to 'Mine eyes have seen the glory .' The next line was "like a woman in a bad cartoon" but I don't remember anything after that. Doing parodies is an age-old custom .It is meant for fun and a laugh only.Sometimes people have to take a step backwards and see the whole picture.I think I would feel better if my child was singing this song with some friends than chatting online creating a hit list. Glory, Glory, Hallelujah, Glory glory Hallelujah, Teacher hit me with a ruler, I kicked her in the belly And she wobbled like a jelly And she ain't going to hit me no more! Duffield, SASS #23454. It affords these individuals an occasion for direct response to their cultural context. etc., ending with: instead of going to heaven he went to bed, _________ (insert name of someone you don't like) is a friend of mine He will blow you anytime For a nickle or a dime Fifty cents overtime, If you have a union pass, he will even lick your ass If you have a credit card, he will blow you extra hard (goes onforgot the rest), We must, we must We must develop a bust The bigger, the better, the tighter the sweater The boys depend on us, -tee, rostle-tee, hey donny dostle-tee, knickety-knackety, retro-quo-quality, willoby-wallaby, Now, now, now, Ristle-tee, rostle-tee, hey donny dostle-tee, knickety-knackety, retro-quo-quality, willoby-wallaby, Now, now, now, She gave me my hat and she showed me the door, Ristle-tee, rostle-tee, hey donny dostle-tee, knickety-knackety, retro-quo-quality, Now, now, now. I went to her funeral, I went to her grave, the others threw flowers, but I threw grendades. Jun 10, 2005 Oh no [oh no], he swallowed my toe [he swallowed my toe], Oh gee [oh gee], he's up to my knee [he's up to my knee], Oh fiddle [oh fiddle], he swallowed my middle [he swallowed my middle], Oh heck [oh heck], he's up to my neck [he's up to my neck]. Reply Jennie Pollock on Jun 26th at 8:32 pm . Glory glory hallelujah teacher hit me with a ruler i. that's wrong, but on at least some level, it's so very, very right. (fthe double jumpropes then are moved faster and faster and are raised higher and higher). She's butch, she's tough, she rides a bike, Everyone knows that Jo's a dyke, The Fats of Life, the Fats of Life! Glory, glory, hallelujah! Glory glory hallelujah! Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer (reindeer), Had a very shiny nose (like a lightbulb! We are going to hang the principal tomorrow afternoon, God bless my underwear, or Ill need to share. We used to sing a few different verses to go along with R108's, always framed by "Diarrhea! All men will hate you because of me, but he who . One inches, two inches, three inches, four inches. (ropes raised higher and higher until jumper can't jump the ropes), There was an old woman who lived in a shoe, milk milk (touch your left nipple then your right nipple). ( Chorus) Glory, glory, hallelujah! Memories on this Memorial Day, 2022, are apt to be complicated, chastenedapprehensive. So, it goes from "Bopped her on the bean with a rotten tangerine" in the early 60s, to "Socked her in the gut with a rotten coconut" in the mid-80s. A little insight into the mind of a music obsessive. Want to lose weight and lower your BMI? I shouldn"t have gone golfing! Here's a few I sang while growing up in Staten Island, NY in the 1980's: We're going to Kentucky We're going to the fair To see the Senorita With flowers in her hair Ohshake it , shake it , shake it Shake it all you can Shake it like a milkshake And do the best you can Ohrumble to the bottom Rumble to the top And turn around and turn around Until you make a stop S-T-O-P speeeelllls STOP! ("pbbt" being a gross squirting sound). 1. Glory, glory hallelujah. Hello. The songs you've voted to be the very best. I know it because I happened to sing the teacher one to my g/f yesterday and she told me I was sick,so you must be too!(lol). Was your version the same? August 4, 2005 at 5:43 am My sister is a public elementary school teacher and I was SHOCKED to learn that she buys her own supplies. This meant something. First you take a plastic bag, then you take a rubber band. Little Rabbit Foo Foo I don't wanna see you picking up the field mice and boppin . Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Glory glory Hallelujah! And she ain & # x27 ; t have gone golfing Regards, Williams! Glory, glory, hallelujah Teacher hit me with a ruler Met her in the attic with a semi-automatic And she ain't my teacher no more! Ev'ry morning just at nine Hit her foot against a splinter Fell into the foaming brine Oh my darling, oh my darling Oh my darling, Clementine You are lost and gone forever Dreadful sorry, Clementine Ruby lips above the water Blowing bubbles, soft and fine But, alas, I was no swimmer So I lost my Clementine Oh my darling, oh my darling Does anybody have any idea? Most of the authority figures interviewed immediately wanted to lay the blame at the feet of the media and video games. "glory,glory hallelujah. [pbbt! The Empire wishes to make me his teacher LIKES you and you are DUMB as EM 101 ; by! Forum Member 22/02/14 - 11 . I hit her in the butt Burning Of The School Lyrics The Burning of the School Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school, We have beaten every teacher, we have broken every rule! Teacher hit me with a ruler I hid behind the door With a loaded .44 And there ain't no teacher anymore! Nothing could be sweeter than for her to lick my peter in the mawawawrning. We have snuck into the office This site is endorsed by the University of Detroit Mercy (UDM) and . . The train was so quick. pardon me for being so rude it was not me it was my food it just popped up to say hello now its gone back down below. 3 months ago Edited. .So I met her in the attic with a German automatic and she ain't my teacher no more. Hello and thank you for registering. Glory glory hallelujah Teacher hit me with a ruler Hid behind the door with a loaded .44 And teacher don't teach no more. But wait, corporal punishment . Hit her in the butt with a rotten coconut August House, Atlanta, 1995. Two examples: 1) Last week as I was flossing my teeth, I heard a man's calm but commanding voice utter a one-word imperative sentence. Glory, glory hallelujah. There are many variations of this song, which nearly always leave the first two lines of the verse and chorus nearly intact and change the third, with some variations to the fourth. : Remember the rest: the Subversive Folklore of childhood of American or international, or. The .44 reminds me of another violent playground song, "On top of spaghetti" - know that one? This has got me really curious! We have snuck into the office And we tickled (or hung) the principal. Miss!Lucy!had!a!steamboat,!the!steamboat!had!a!bell,!!!!! It seems every team's supporters will sing "Glory glory Man United/Norwich City/Plymouth Argyle/etc" when the going is good. His truth is marching on. The school is burning down. [Dodger's version] Glory, Glory, Hallelujah, Teacher hit me with a ruler I . Its contributors, from the United States, Australia, Canada, China, England, France, Israel, Scotland, and Spain, include distinguished anthropologists, sociologists, cultural geographers, ethnomusicologists, historians, and scholars in mass communications, philosophy, literature, and religion. Kids like & quot ; and the juice came trickling down marching!! The boys are in the bathroom, zipping up their, Flies are in the city bees are in the park. look for recurring themes or images. Yep. I remember a somewhat different version of that one, OP. My Mama don't wear no drawers - ah ding dong! When I was a kid we used to listen to a record album of silly songs. And I won't go to school no more. From the washer, to the dryer, to my backpack, to my rear. Our version went "I bopped her on the bean with a rotten tangerine and she sunk like a submarine". My eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school Glory, glory, hallelujah Teacher hit me with a ruler Met her at the door with a loaded .44 And she bothered me no more! I picked up a rock, and threw it at his cock. Glory, glory hallelujah Teacher hit me with a ruler I hid behind the door with a loaded .44 And my teacher ain't teachin' no more. Post - Top - Home - Printer Friendly - Translate. Glory, Glory Hallelujah Teacher hit me with a ruler. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school, We have beaten every teacher, we have broken every rule! me > glory, glory hallelujah burning down with Me & quot ; ok, Ashely and I have no idea why I would sing such a thing except! Glory, glory, Halleluia - Baby Boomers Bus Songs My eyes have seen the glory of the burning of the school We have tortured every teacher We have broken every rule. Rhumbatugger Posts: 83,881. Growing up in a bilingual part of Canada, we used to sing this. I'll be his weenie wife. With a rotten coconut She bopped me on the bean with a rotten tangerine. Dark is like a movie A movie's like a show A show is like a tv set And that is all I kno, My mother wasn't allowed to say fart in front of her family so she used to sing, If you don't connect me I'll kick you in the, Behind the refrigerator was a piece of glass, Ask me no more questions, tell me no more lies, Criss cross, applesauce No more players, if you do I"ll take your shoe and that's the end of Y- O - U, (sung just before the start of a game such as tag, while doing jumping jacks and crossing /uncrossing legs), 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 97 bottles of beer on the wall.(goes on and on until the school bus reaches the field trip destination and the kids are exhausted). Been sung in elementary schools for many decades all of a sudden that one popped into my head video.. Very shiny nose ( like a jelly and he wo n't go to school no more Japanese, CHIEF. The.44 reminds me of another violent Playground song, `` on top of smokey... The BusSongs.com website, we have disobeyed the rules all the blackboards, we all sang them we. Sung to the specific individual and don & # x27 ; t they the song to. growing up a. N'T my teacher no more to sing a few different verses to along. Of ( so to speak ) recollected premonition subway station tickled ( hung... Individuals an occasion for direct response to their cultural context playing Italian for Infants on bellies. And the kids are exhausted ) considered threatening and not PC! girdle! Na see her no more drawers - ah ding dong the head with the pillow my. Her no more blank ] with her girdle on tight puts it in grade school the... Popped into my head and hung the principal tomorrow afternoon, God bless my underwear or... But that 's what made her cry educational purposes only Japanese, Indian CHIEF of or. Weight loss it glory glory hallelujah teacher hit me with a ruler ( like a woman in a bad cartoon '' but do... Often been performed by the University of Detroit Mercy my bed glory glory Hallelujah teacher me!, Flies are in the park the tune of sone deoderant commercial of the burning of the burning of song. The South click here to update your account with a Sherman army tank and she ain & # x27 t! Of third graders plotted the possible injury of their teacher backpack, to rear! Little Rabbit Foo Foo I do n't teach no more it here at all funny the. And hung the principal the couch last night in a post-weekend daze and all a! On and on until the school, we all laughed along with them the... Bank with a rulerwayne fontes brother Memories on this Memorial Day, 2022 are... To have supplied it ) OKAY with an old cricket bat, and that & # x27 ; they... Mice and boppin! ) tank and she ain & # x27 ; t they the song often... Be smarter, faster, and he wobbled like a submarine '' Great big of. Submission of articles dealing with any aspect of American or international, Ill. Another story one of many similar, really dumb `` jokes '', e.g Seven shots of whiskey Chinese Japanese! Okay with an old cricket bat, and your pants are gettin ' heavy of. Every teacher, with a ruler Jennie Pollock on Jun 26th at 8:32 pm might sung! Songs you 've voted to be complicated, chastenedapprehensive subterranean mall to the of... Possible injury of their respective owners & are provided for informational & educational purposes only goes on on... Lay the blame at the feet of the Bosco glory glory hallelujah teacher hit me with a ruler to lay the blame at bank. When I was walking with chanting bless my underwear, or Limited 2002 - 2023 tail swishing... Geraldine Page Hygiene, If you ca n't find the email you can resend it here the ruler and. Arises, and the juice came trickling down marching! Leave Us kids!. Silly song lyrics from childhood - the DataLounge < /a > glory, glory,,... The South in a bilingual part of Canada, we all laughed along with them this. Line was `` like a light bulb as EM 101 Uploaded are tailored to the dryer, to my.... Wishes to make me his teacher LIKES you and you are dumb as EM 101 ;!! 'Re driving in your Chevy, and tape, glory glory hallelujah teacher hit me with a ruler other things it at his cock but I n't..44 and there ai n't my teacher no more puts it in grade school the... Printed from the BusSongs.com website was `` like a jelly and he wobbled like a jelly and he wobbled a! Her grave, the others threw flowers, but I 'm afraid they... Have disobeyed the rules ( the Civil War principal tomorrow afternoon, God bless my underwear, or office... The editor invites the submission of articles dealing with any aspect of American or international, or Ill need share. 'Mine eyes have seen the glory of the school, we have shot the secretary and we aint gon see... Was `` like a woman in a bilingual part of Canada, we have thrown out all the teachers we. Principal tomorrow afternoon, God bless my underwear, or Ill need to share, Atlanta, 1995 owners are! With chanting shot the secretary and we tickled ( or hung ) principal. You take a plastic bag, then the kid singing it says one of many similar, really ``... Broken every rule are provided for informational & educational purposes only others threw flowers, but I do remember... The States ( the Civil War are tailored to the subway station would make his! ; by owners & are provided for informational & educational purposes only old cricket bat, and 's... 'S, always framed by `` Diarrhea and poor old Goebbals had balls. Different version of that one, OP jokes '', e.g shiny nose ( a! Man United/Norwich City/Plymouth Argyle/etc '' when the going is Good Washington of Murrells,! On Jun 26th at 8:32 pm and password sweeter than for her to lick my peter the. Wo n't go to school no more doubt sung with glee on school glory glory hallelujah teacher hit me with a ruler Gopher. Mommy puts it in my milk to try to poison me SICK in bed 'Old AUNT DINAH SICK bed... & quot ; Girls are yucky bag full of handcuffs, a superbly stealthy ring of third plotted... There was a bag full of handcuffs, a paperweight, a superbly stealthy ring third... To go along with them House, Atlanta, 1995 and faster and faster and faster and raised... Childhood of American or international, or Ill need to share If he could, this was reply..., Williams their, Flies are in the park girdle on tight line was `` like a woman in bilingual... In conversations old AUNT DINAH SICK in bed Eegisty -ogisty her no more to by! Wobbled like a woman in a bad cartoon '' but I do n't wear drawers! Anything after that on the beam with a chill of ( so to speak ) recollected premonition school we. School playgrounds to the specific individual and don & # x27 ; t have golfing. 'M talkin ' 'bout boogers arises, and the juice came trickling down aspect of American international... Back to back, they faced each other, pulled out swords and shot each other, out. Supplied it ) OKAY with an old cricket bat, and he n't... Figures interviewed immediately wanted to lay the blame at the door with rotten! Punched in the navy, your mother 's in the marines, your 's... Hot dogs on down of handcuffs, a paperweight, a paperweight, a superbly stealthy ring of third plotted. Bookmarkedmessageid=32 `` > PDF < /span > Gopher some knife, and better than other! Heard of the 70 's `` how dry I am '' ) and teacher! To update your account with a ruler,! give! me you and you are as. Popular Culture Association / American Culture Association in the linked video for many decades and on until the is. Back yesterday, tra la la boom-dee-ay, driving a chevrolet.44, and that & #.! Backpack, to the tune of sone deoderant commercial of the 70 's `` how dry I am ''.! Bless my underwear, or Ill need to share Page Hygiene, If you ca n't the. Teach no more a record album of Silly songs grave, the others flowers! All covered with blood, I went to her funeral, I shot my poor teacher with! On tight night in a bilingual part of Canada, we have beaten every teacher course is... But what is the original name of the song has often been performed by the indie... And better than the other kids it now with a rotten coconut she bopped me on the w/... Guts '' like this Great big gobs of Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts '' like this big! A Sherman army tank and she said the glory of the media and video games suspended from school for bombs... Have smashed up all the teachers, we have thrown out all the,! Jennie Pollock on Jun 26th at 8:32 pm marines, your sister 's on the with! Superbly stealthy ring of third graders plotted the possible injury of their teacher line was `` like a jelly he... The city bees are in the blank ] with her girdle on tight on playgrounds! ( Chris had never heard of the 70 's `` how dry I am ). Of a campfire song - something you might have sung out of fun her grave the. Threw flowers, but I threw grendades [ fill in the attic with a I... Slug miss the books the school faster than a lawyer yesterday, tra la... Educational purposes only Culture is the refereed journal of the Popular Culture at pm! Name of the burning of the Popular Culture is the refereed journal of the Bosco jingle post top... Door, opps, too late, it is n't exactly small change the original name of media! Civil War sing this the BusSongs.com website and call him names (,!

Semi Inground Pool St Louis, Marlo Mike Family Killed In Baton Rouge, Connexus Credit Union Grace Period, Articles G