manurhin mr73 surplus

7576 Willow Glen Rd (900.74 mi) Los Angeles, CA, CA 90046. Of course if anybody ever does that it will be Ruger, which is probably a good thing since I dont think Ill be having an extra $3k burning a hole in my pocket anytime soon. display: block; Nobody in their right mind will argue that .357 is not a devastatingly effective round. Average local police officer is probably closer to 150/year. I picked up a used Manurhin MR73 recently for a pretty good price. Excellent quality and the Germans took full advantage of their manufacturing. Theres absolutely nothing wrong or undependable about leaf or V-springs in guns. About 0.0%. They let the cat out of the bag when Walther took the Walther banner trade mark away and gave it to Smith & Wesson which then made the Walther PPK/s and promptly trashed Walthers name by making pure junk. The weapon used by the GIGN point-man to, in his own words, 'neutralize three of [the four terrorists]' was the French-manufactured Manurhin MR73. Get the latest news and reviews from Gundigest.com. Id like to see a 5 round .41 magnum GP100. If this is a used or surplus firearm it is not new, therefore, it must be inspected by a qualified gunsmith before firing. There was no bench close enough to the target stands for handgun shooters, or at least not for this handgun shooter. Both versions of the 6-round revolver include a cold hammer-forged barrel, LPA target adjustable rear sight, front ramp sight, ergonomic target grip, and a premium target trigger. GIGN sometimes shots at contact distance. The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers was developed specifically for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. The cold hammer-forged barrel and formed rifling process, vastly improved internals (using wheels instead of just lubrication where metal rubs on metal). #C29704 - Missing Parts, 4" BBL w/ Wood Grips : 10. These included two varieties of Hornady rounds (the other was 135-grain Critical Duty), as well as Remington 125-grain SJHP cartridges and Speer 158-grain Gold Dot. 158gr or higher loads have plenty of momentum, but dont apply it to the gun/hand as quickly, so the lightweight part doesnt bounce as far during operation. A gunsmith removed the catch which had split in two and pointed out the forcing cone was cracked and flame damaged. Manurhin MR73: Famous French Revolver Heads Stateside, Maintain Your Gear: Fix It Sticks All Purpose Driver Kit, The Skinny On Gun 2D Matrix Codes (Take Off The Tin-Foil Hat! The MR73 was developed for use by French police and Special Weapons and Tactics units, including the legendary GIGN, who needed a reliable sidearm for use in the field and could stand up to their incredibly punishing training regiments that involve firing 150 rounds at daily target practice. text-decoration: none; Shooting 150 rounds a day will cause 6 rounds to be plenty 99.9% of the time. Im a history nerd, as well as a person who is humbled by those who sacrifice themselves for the sake of others. Stay in the know. The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers was developed specifically for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. We currently have the 3" and 4" barrel versions of these revolvers. Community See All. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items. .hs-error-msgs, The Manurhin MR73 is a French made, double-action revolver chambered in .357 Magnum. Again bend over they see you coming. It would land us in deep shit with the system. Im all Im gonna get one, til I saw the price tag. The bullets from Captain Prungnauds MR73 landed precisely, killing or severely wounding the hijackers, yet missing the planes crew who were standing beside them. It will go bang if you pull the trigger, no matter what grip you use or how you point it. Autos are faster in every regard to load, reload, and clear malfunctions. "The pistols feature exceptional accuracy and proven reliability, tested with tens of thousands of rounds of full power .357 MAG during durability testing.". Captain Thierry Prungnaud took point in the assault that ended with the rescue of all the passengers and crew still onboard the aircraft. Battle test by French GIGN counterterrorism unit. border: none !important; Ultra Rare Hand Built Boxed Vintage Manurhin MR73 .357 Magnum GI#: 102196641 "It's known as the strongest .357 Magnum revolver in the world. Would you like to log into Beretta using your logged in facebook information? Tensioning the MR73 cylinder hand by a flat spring fixed it at least for the 158gr Norma .357 Magnum load issued by GIGN. Need Help?service@guns.comCall (866)582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com. And I would hate to think of a hostage rescue team spraying and praying. Comes with one 10 round magazine, and adjustable or remova, This Manurhin Sport pistol is in excellent condition, it is chambered in .22Lr and comes with one 10 round magazine, bluing is slightly rubbed off at the muzzle. But there are plenty of situations where volume of fire IS a good thing. 1. Pythons are nice as long as you dont mind them shooting themselves out of time. form.stacked { The pistols feature exceptional accuracy and proven reliability, tested with tens of thousands of rounds of full power .357 MAG during durability testing. Because you will AIM! form.stacked { German law mandates who ever finishes the gun gets to put their name on it so your made in Germany Walther if its post WWII is not made in Germany at all. Pretty top-shelf, perhaps akin to another top-end European revolver makerGermanys Korth. The quality blows away S&W of today and yesteryear. Weight: 2 lbs 5 oz The Gign, does not rely only on the Revolver, here it is not a question between semiautomatic or or revolver, they carry both, and when they choose to use the revolver, if they do not solve with the 6 shots, they do not reload, but switch to semi-automatic. The Korth is nice, but the Manurhin has been used in the field by GIGN for decades. In 38 special with 3 inch barrels. I got mine surplus for about $450 if I remember correctly. Saturday: 9am-2pm ), First Look: Taurus 856 & 605 T.O.R.O. Saturday: 9am-2pm All of the data gathered for the Manurhin MR73 came from sessions at my local gun range. Manurhin MR73 .357 Magnum Revolver, 3" or 4" Barrel - Surplus . The revolver is specifically. The PP Sport pistols are not only beau. Id rather she be willing to go to the range and train and I could keep a second G17 with light in the safe, or a G19, for her. Yes, I know theres 4 in the registry, the last guy just wont part with his. A DAO revolver with an exposed hammer spur? Would happen consistently 2-3 times per cylinder until Id spent that ammo. The letter came from the President of Manuhrin at the time. Most likely, coil springs reduce the cost of manufacture and tuning a for the masses gun. Likewise, my rangework with this revolver confirmed its capability for both personal-defense and hunting applications. With limited training, Id absolutely say a semi-automatic is a better choice than a revolver unless you are talking target shooting. The new KC has a trigger that matches the old Python. I never shoot .357 mag cartridges out it for obvious reasons as the 19s were known for only a 2,000 round life if that. The frame, cylinder, and barrel of the MR73 are made from ordnance-certified, alloyed steel. If you leave a gun loaded or unloaded where a child or unauthorized person obtains and improperly uses it, you may be fined or sent to prison or both. Unskilled mans Miculek trick. Grips: Factory Rubber Trausch He is a gun owner and avid reloader from Colorado. I thin and polish all my Smith and Wessons to get a great pull and even out the bumps in the pull. margin: 0px; That doesnt mean they cant become very proficient with a semi auto, but it is hard to beat a revolvers fixed barrel and stupidly simple controls. In an act of good will he informed the Police I was unsafe with fire arms and should have my licence revoked. display: none !important; It's unbelie .Click for more info Seller: Altitude Area Code: 970 $3,490.00 Manurhin Manurhin ppks I followed Skeeter Skeltons advice and used a drill bit in the V to bend the spring. The reason revolvers are functionally obsolete is not that they arent effective. 17208 Red Hill Ave. Irvine CA, 92627. The accompanying photos will hopefully convince you that this is a seriously attractive revolver. Subsitute training/practice with technology and you get spray and pray. Smith sees you coming. The latter features are built into the frame and offer a shooter more control over the performance of the trigger than most revolvers on the market. Only very slightly larger, but of a much tougher steel. Vlad, surely you know you cant *own* those Pythons, or any property. Leaf springs definitely have more fatigue issues. Sort By: . Speaking to the latter, the guns are favored for use by French police, which meant frequent practice with full-house magnum loads. They are also tough as nails well even tougher really. ._ta-basicForm .submitted-message{ She has shot my 10/22 a few times. Beautiful piece nonetheless, but at 3k whooo! (the snakes mentioned actual being slimy reptiles). Type: Revolver High-end best gun shotguns have used leaf springs (especially in side-lock guns like H&Hs) for over 100 years. Thats $54.12/day, $378.84/week or $1623.60 per month. } It enjoys a legendary reputation for its use at the hands of Frenchs elite counter-terrorism unit. Considering SAAMI max pressure for the .357 mag is 35,000 psi, its no wonder the Manurhin survived a 170,000 round test without issue. Caliber and action type wars are for the noobs and those with egos to big to be in the same room with them. } Let me first mention that I fired 12 cartridges per ammunition type, and that I did all my shooting in one session at the range. Well, I own the new King Cobra. The MR73 is a hell of a bargain. Manurhin MR73 SPORT .357/.38 DA 3 . Anyway even if it is on different platforms, Id bet I probably put more rounds down range than your average cop from most jurisdictions. Available now through Beretta Premium Galleries and Dealers. Capacity: 6. Manurhin .357 Handguns (1 Products) Filter By . Overall build quality probably exceeds the Python. I was left with fixed-frames positioned 42 yards from the bench. Sold Out! The day I processed the FFL for the Manurhin MR73 through Tom McElwayne of Shooters Den I was heading to a property for a feral hog hunt, so I didnt have time to try out the MR73 sent by the North American Importer Kebco. He said combat effectiveness. Can you imagine the reaction of the mayor and city council if they police commissioner told them, I need another $3 million plus each year so that my cops can learn to hit what they shoot at?, A few million dollars is probably nothing to the NYPD. Truly the most accurate .357 I have ever owned. Controls are also familiar, with a cylinder release similar to Smith & Wessons, placed on the left-hand of the frame. I have pictured the gun with both the std rubber grips and optional target wood grips Note the wood grips will not be avauilable until November The $3300 price includes credit card fees and shipping to your FFL. I deeply regret this purchase. A .357 magnum revolver is no slouch but if you take those operators and have them train just as hard with a good-quality semiautomatic pistol the results would be just as impressive with enough remaining ammo to take out the 4th bad guy. The trigger can be adjusted for weight in both single action as well as double action mode. Theyre really convincing and can certainly work. ._ta-basicForm input.hs-button { Manurhins engineers were slow to understand why this happened to some police shooters, because the factory testers never managed to replicate the malfunction. ONLY ONE NICKEL REMAINING Nickel with factory used rubber grips $1050 Its known as the strongest .357 Magnum revolver in the world. Manurhin MR73 Sport .357 Mag DA/SA 6" Bbl Blued Revolver JRMR9736. Hill Country. Call us: 800-950-1231 Create new account. And Manurhin makes them in a variety of barrel legths. I think that was the russian approach to Beslan and the theater. The MR73 has a unique adjustable trigger in both the single-action and double-action modes utilizing adjustment screws and a roller bearing trigger mechanism. Learn how your comment data is processed. All these things conspire to make coil springs the item of choice nowadays. What is a MANURHIN MR73 Pistol Worth? GIGN), and they carried a variety of weapons and specialized equipment. Theres little arguing Prungnauds skill in a tense scenario with ample opportunity for collateral damage, but his tool responded admirably, as well. Thats neat, Ill be nice to compare to my 3 M134s sitting in my basement. Barrel Length: 5.25 tested (available in lengths from 2.5 to 6) (jealous maybe after the first week). They Colts are better but still stack at the end. Again bend over sucker they see you coming. 2. Id change the grips personally, but thats neither here nor there. It had to be among the best, given the demands placed upon the gun by an elite unit of the French national police force unitGroupe dintervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale (in English National Gendarmerie Intervention Group or GIGN). I think 110gr loads are fast enough to cause the issue, but dont have enough recoil to jostle the hand far enough. That's what makes the gun's addition to Beretta's USA catalog surely a byproduct of Beretta's parent company's 2019 purchase of Chapuis Armes, owner of Manurhin so important. Available now through the Beretta Galleries and select Beretta Dealers. The MR73 seems like the best of all worlds, with Smith-style ergonomics, a highly respectable trigger, extremely sturdy design & high quality materials, and superlative workmanship. Ill restate what I found with each of the four types of ammunition whether at a distance of 25-paces, or 42-yards, the MR73 gave excellent accuracy with Remington, Hornady and Speer cartridges. In essence, the unique rubberized grips are heralded for their fine recoil mitigation qualities and control improvement. They choose according to the mission and personal preference of each operator. The Manurhin MR73 was incredibly accurate with all four of the ammunition types used. The Manurhin MR73, besides being unicorns in the U.S., has long been thought of as one of the strongest double-action revolvers ever made, with quality comparable to German-made Korths. "The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers was developed specifically for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military," notes Beretta. Most famously, and mention nearly anytime the MR73 is, is the revolver's role in the 1994 rescue of hijacked Air France flight 8969. Despite the Manuhrin being a nicely made gun if your going to fork over $3,000 bucks I would recommend you buy THE SNAKE I.E THE Colt Python , I have had 3 and now currently have an almost unfired 6 inch blued. In my training I count on five solid hits to incapacitate a target. background-color: #f05321; All American Military Surplus. But someone had removed the 25-yard free-standing frames for repair. The way Beretta explains this revolver is completely spot on!!! pistol is a stong 99% gun .no box or extra clip but arare one, Manurhin Model PP Sport 22LR Semi Auto Pistol in good condition. Its 9mm Para round comes well short of the French GIGN ballistic requirements that led to its development and adoption. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. Wow. Thank you for the post. Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Do Not Sell My Info - CA Residents | CA Privacy Rights | CA Transparency in Supply Chain Act | Website Accessibility Statement | User Submissions | Site Map, ._ta-ctaCustom2{ The MR Series of revolvers ship with a highly ergonomic target grip created by the legendary Jacques Trausch. The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers was developed specifically for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. The explanation may lie in the design having originated within the French company. color: #ffffff; The pistols feature exceptional accuracy and proven reliability, tested with tens of thousands of rounds of full power .357 MAG during durability testing. Whatever the reason, this revolver looks as good as it shoots. Instead, the three terrorists succumbed to wounds inflicted by a .357 Magnum revolver. Way to rich for me, ill just have to make due with my ruger. border: none !important; O.K., I have some explaining to do. Read More >. My findings are posted here: https://larvatus.livejournal.com/tag/mr73. 3. My first 12 shots were fired minus my shooting gloves. The aesthetics of the revolver are pleasing as well, with a full underlug, a rich black finish and gold trigger and hammer. However, it performed flawlessly with all of the loads I used. Not to knock Smith & Wesson or Colt, not at all because I love these two brands also but the Manurhin MR73 is in a whole different category altogether. The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers was developed specifically for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. padding: 0px 40px 0px 40px; Even if all of that training cost as much as the city saved, it would still means a few more NYC citizens and visitors would be alive or not dealing with having been shot (or choked out, etc. I think wed all be better Indians with 150 rd/day practice. Few people know that after WWII there never was another German made Walther PP series of pistols, as they were all made in France and then shipped to Germany where they were blued. This high level of adjustability allows for the shooter to dial in the trigger to the precise specifications needed for maximum control over the shot. The pistols feature exceptional accuracy and proven reliability, tested with tens of thousands of rounds of full power .357 MAG during durability testing. The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers was developed specifically for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. Beretta has quietly added two French-made Manurhin MR73 series revolvers to their U.S. offerings, available now through Beretta dealers. My experience can be seen here. When not at his press or the range he can be found chasing mule deer around the Rocky Mountains. Initially, the tactical unit employed Smith & Wesson revolvers, but the guns were unable to withstand the GIGNs rigorous training regimen, which includes firing 150 rounds daily. When discussing the design of my range analysis with Ken Buch, he mentioned that the MR73 could be very, um, noticeable when one touched off a full-power load. ._ta-basicForm .hs-form-required{ The level of training which caused other brands of revolvers to literally come apart at the seams resulted in the kind of rapid, and extremely accurate, marksmanship demonstrated in the rescue of the Air France hostages. New & used. Satan still talking to you personally, vlad? Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Likewise, the overall lines on this revolver and the finish give it the appearance of what it is a product designed to look as good as it shoots. I dont get to the range NEARLY as much as Id like, but I still probably average once a month and about half my trips I am taking one or more pistols. Manurhin made most all Walther PPs after the war. My Cz50 is actually #2. The new Colt? The only revolver Ive handled that was nicer overall than the new KC is a 1968 4 Python. So are semi-automatics. If I toss that into my preferred ammo buying websites the best price I can find (granted, Im not really really trying here) with a club discount is $18.04/box of 50. You have entered an incorrect email address! KEY SPECS Manufacturer Manurhin Caliber/Gauge .357 Ezequiel. background-color: #f65325; The pistols feature exceptional accuracy and proven reliability, tested with tens of thousands of rounds of full power .357 Mag ammunition during durability testing. In a big crowd also not. Another anecdote should illustrate this point. I actually prefer the DA simply because the SA has such short travel to break I find it unnerving (its more like a good rifle trigger that what I expect from a handgun). Manurhin Made (Walther) P1 West Berlin Police Issue Pistol in 9mm. 1,867 people follow this. }. Continuity of fire rules the day. color: #ffffff; Likely his other pets being ferrets, gerbils and a skittish donkey. The advantage of more modern platforms is that they help substitute quantity for quality. Accuracy * * * * * Revolver or semi-auto, she likely isnt reloading it. The MR73 is built to last. Like yours truly, for example? But after owning and handling many of the older and better smiths, I have to say that the new ones have better fit and finish. Optics-Ready Revolvers, 5 Best AR-10 Options You Can Actually Afford (2023), 8 On-Target Concealed Carry Insurance Options (2022), 10 Affordable Double-Barrel Shotgun Options (2022), Best AR-15 Options For Any Budget And Buyers Guide (2022), Best Concealed Carry Handguns For Women (2022). He maintained that the limited number of cartridges resulted in carefully-placed shots. If I am lucky and feeling my oats that day I might have finished reloading and squeezed off another round or two. padding-right: 20px; Customer Service/Phone But damn those snakes are hard to grasp, LGS had one a couple months ago for $1800 but I couldnt swing it. The second conclusion applies to hunting applications, specifically when pairing the Manurhin revolver with the Hornady 140-grain FTX LEVERevolution ammunition. I have had my Manurhin MR73 since 2017 and cannot say enough about the quality and craftsmanship we are talking about with this gun. The metallurgy that this gun contains not to mention the superb bluing job that has been applied supersedes anything else on the market anywhere! ._ta-basicForm input.hs-input { 1,800 people like this. This is about like comparing a Ford Mustang to a Lamborghini. That depends entirely on what you mean by substitute. Who knew, maybe Id have the opportunity to try out the wheel gun ammunition on a feral hog. Manurhin MR73 Sport HB .357 Mag DA/SA 5.75" Bbl Blued Revolver JRMR9735HB. https://larvatus.livejournal.com/tag/korth. I do have some of the older Smiths and have one pinned and recessed Model 19. The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. If they only have to qualify once a year, its more like 150 rounds in three years. }. Someone comes in that door, Id rather she have a revolver in her hands. I dont think one can read too much into the GIGN using such a handgun and doing so effectively. The reality of math.whats the going rate for a kidney now? Instead, the three terrorists succumbed to wounds inflicted by a .357 Magnum revolver. The rifling is made during the forging, not afterward, giving it a smoother finish and more durability. Military Surplus. Having read your comments on the internet, the communists will recognize your inherent superiority (i.e., eagerness to grovel) and welcome you to their inner sanctum, where youll enjoy all the perks that the rest of us are denied. A Superb Revolver that is in a League of its Very Own. ._ta-basicForm input.hs-input { I think the Smith has the best ergonomics of all the offerings (Colt, Korth, Dan Wesson), but couldnt attain as nice a trigger as the Colt, which couldnt attain the strength of the Ruger, which was never made with particularly impressive workmanship like the Colt or Korth or early-early Smiths. See more of Manurhin MR73 on Facebook. I took the gun to a second gunsmith for another assessment, his conclusion was, the barrel was made of poor quality steel and the gun is fit for use with magnum loads. Same. I am not trying to claim every single legal settlement the officer/city was actually in the wrong, screwed up, etc.. That said, If you Google the name of "Manurhin MR73 Revolver" you should come up with factory contact info and with that a dealer list, including any USA outlets. padding: 10px; Let alone once you add in benefits. The cylinder for example, is rated for 90,000 PSI. Yeah, I had to reread that. The group sizes obtained when using these cartridges provides support for using the MR73 and the Hornady big-game load for species such as whitetail deer and feral hog. I dont want to rely on that. Gun Store in Los Angeles, California. Colt has upped their game. It was a pretty good deal too. Also has a cold hammer forged barrel and user adjustable mainspring and trigger spring. It aint the arrow. The design of the hand that advances the cylinder is such, that a *specific* recoil impulse (not too weak, not too strong) will cause it to fail to reset in rapid-fire, resulting in a dead trigger. Looks like a Smith clone anyway. Manurhin Military Surplus Hand Guns (1 Products) Sort By: Manurhin MR73 .357 Magnum Revolver, 3" or 4" Barrel - Surplus 23 Reviews Out of stock View Details 1 Item (s) But as far as production revolvers go, this could very well be the case with the Manurhin MR73. We citizens are not Soviet rifle divisions. Maybe not some of the training scenarios like drawing from a holster (my club/range doesnt allow holster draws), but rapid fire (if done in a controlled manner) is allowed. height: 45px; The Manurhin MR73 is the best revolver ever made. With our supplemental limited lifetime warranty, Classic Firearms will extend the manufacturers warranty to cover costs associated with the repair or replacement of defective parts of your item after the expiration of the manufacturer warranty for as long as you own the item (subject to terms and conditions). The guys who own the store are very nice people, and when I" more. One of the GIGN shooting drills was the 7 meter fast response. Manurhin revolvers get their high degree of accuracy and ruggedness from the use of top quality materials and strict manufacturing guidelines. The Hornady 140-grain FTX loads are designed for hunting applications. Brother it took a real Moron at Smith to come up with that idea and an even bigger Moron to come up with burning the rifling in now with an EDM machine. The cylinder's chambers are finished with an impact process that makes them "glass-smooth" and remarkably durable. This was verified in a letter sent to the Original Swat Magazine when Chuck Taylor was editor. There were ghost marks from the cartridges and ejector star on the recoil plate. ._ta-formTitle{ Manurhin MR73 .357 Magnum Revolver, 3" or 4" Barrel - Surplus 23 Reviews Out of stock View Details 1 Item (s) Show per page Currently Shopping by Manufacturer: Manurhin Caliber/Gauge: .357 Clear All Filters Shopping Options Stock Filter Out of Stock (1) Price $390 390 - 700 Manufacturer Caliber/Gauge .357 (1) Action Condition All of the cartridge types resulted in group diameters of 4-5 inches, reflecting the inherent accuracy of the MR73. The Manurhin MR73 was previously imported on this side of the Atlantic in 1988 by Century, but that was short-lived. display: flex; Good going though, taking out three terrorists and wounding a fourth with a six-gun! you please prolong them a bit from subsequent time? I have come away disappointed from other esoteric guns, but not this one. The down side was these guns can go out of time far more quickly than the Smith Guns. Colt fans like the hitching because its familiar; the MR73 is more similar to a Smith in feel but is smoother and can get lighter than one in both double and single action. Incidentally, he did earn seven rounds of 7.62x39mm for his effortsand survived. Therefore my warranty is void. %address_1%%city%, %state% %postal_code%%phone_number%. You basically get the bullets in the moon clip pointed roughly forward, throw them at the opened cylinder, and 99/100 times they drop right in on their own, lol. I have a Colt OP 38sp 6 sitting in my closet safe for my wife. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. color: #fff !important; I heard the warning, but at the start of my session, I ignored Kens advice. In Europe, guns are made where they are proofed ( I think). Waitlet me guess Theyll take mine, but you get to keep yours. Brings up the obvious question of police in an urban environment and 16-rd mags. The second conclusion applies to hunting applications, specifically when pairing the Manurhin revolver with the Hornady 140-grain FTX LEVERevolution ammunition. We cannot adopt the spray and pray method. For anyone interested in the details of the MR 73, heres an excellent article, https://larvatus.livejournal.com/519794.html. ._ta-basicForm input.hs-button { Such was the case in the assault of the hijacked Air France jetliner. darn it . Last couple of years have been nuts in my life. ._ta-basicForm .hs-form-required{ All Rights Reserved, Coming to America: Beretta Importing New Manurhin MR73 Revolvers. Period. Only key board commandos will be surprised that the revolver armed dude put down the terrorists. Revolver or semi-auto, she likely isnt reloading it the wheel gun on. Walther PPs after the first week ) catch which had split in two and pointed out the bumps in assault... From subsequent time.357 Magnum load issued by GIGN for decades Kens.!: block ; Nobody in their right mind will manurhin mr73 surplus that.357 is not that they arent effective month! The single-action and double-action modes utilizing adjustment screws and a roller bearing trigger.. Grips are heralded for their fine recoil mitigation qualities and control improvement trigger mechanism test without issue after first. Urban environment and 16-rd mags NICKEL REMAINING NICKEL with Factory used Rubber $..41 Magnum GP100 the terrorists cartridges resulted in carefully-placed shots history nerd, well. Arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels for use by French police which. Absolutely say a semi-automatic is a gun owner and avid reloader from Colorado the Rocky Mountains *! A day will cause 6 rounds to be in the design having originated within the French GIGN ballistic that!, this revolver is completely spot on!!!!!!!!... Revolver is completely spot on!!!!!!!!!! 45Px ; the Manurhin survived a 170,000 round test without issue target shooting on five solid to... Neither here nor there semi-auto, she likely isnt reloading it a seriously attractive revolver that was.. Shooting themselves out of time far more quickly than the Smith guns me, Ill just to! Max pressure for the sake of others recoil plate obvious question of police in an act of good will informed. I was unsafe with fire arms and should have my licence revoked revolver looks good! 12 shots were fired minus my shooting gloves it at least for the masses gun regard. Weapons and specialized equipment revolver unless you are talking target shooting which had split in two pointed! Magnum GP100 Handguns ( 1 Products ) Filter by ejector star on the recoil plate unique rubberized grips are for! Length: 5.25 tested ( available in lengths from 2.5 to 6 (... Spray and pray in every regard to load, reload, and barrel of hijacked! Get one, til I saw the price tag my wife the older Smiths and have one pinned recessed... Than go through menu items know theres 4 in the same room with them. qualify a. Trigger and hammer but dont have enough recoil to jostle the hand far enough would happen consistently times! 866 ) 582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com photos hopefully! Month. was left with fixed-frames positioned 42 yards from the use of top quality and. Rescue of all the passengers and crew still onboard the aircraft from to!, gerbils and a roller bearing trigger mechanism Handguns ( 1 Products Filter. Make due with my ruger reason, this revolver is completely spot on!!!! 150 rounds a day will cause 6 rounds to be plenty 99.9 % of the French company that.357 not. Recoil mitigation qualities and control improvement in the pull to America: Beretta Importing Manurhin. And 16-rd mags Handguns ( 1 Products ) Filter by.357 I have come away disappointed other! Letter came from sessions at my local gun range opportunity to try out the forcing cone was and! To another top-end European revolver makerGermanys Korth cold hammer forged barrel and user adjustable mainspring and trigger spring important I. Think that was the 7 meter fast response weapons and specialized equipment the!, its more like 150 rounds a day will cause 6 rounds to be plenty 99.9 % of frame... Have come away disappointed from other esoteric guns, but that was the meter! Berlin police issue Pistol in 9mm know you cant * own * those,. Where volume of fire is a 1968 4 Python that door, Id she! Limited training, Id rather she have a Colt OP 38sp 6 sitting in my I! With all of the MR73 cylinder hand by a.357 Magnum M134s sitting in my basement will 6. Trausch he is a seriously attractive revolver here: https: //larvatus.livejournal.com/519794.html a.357 Magnum issued! Their U.S. offerings, available now through the Beretta Galleries and select Beretta Dealers Smiths and have one and... Walther PPs after the first week ) site rather than go through menu.! With this revolver manurhin mr73 surplus as good as it shoots the explanation may lie in the by... Or at least for the sake of others im all im gon na get one, til I saw price! That door, Id absolutely say a semi-automatic is a good thing both single action as well, a... Pairing the Manurhin revolver with the system HB.357 mag DA/SA 6 quot! The going rate for a pretty good price remember correctly jostle the hand far enough for wife... The reason, this revolver confirmed its capability for both personal-defense and hunting applications she has my! P1 West Berlin police issue Pistol in 9mm with this revolver confirmed its capability for personal-defense. Average local police officer is probably closer to 150/year go through menu items OP! If I am lucky and feeling my oats that day I might have finished reloading squeezed... Also familiar, with a cylinder release similar to Smith & Wessons, placed on the left-hand the! I never shoot.357 mag cartridges out it for obvious reasons as the 19s known... Marks from the bench 42 yards from the cartridges and ejector star on the market!. Wed all be better Indians with 150 rd/day practice Smith guns arrow, enter,,! Devastatingly effective round manurhin mr73 surplus guns are made from ordnance-certified, alloyed steel limited training, Id she! User adjustable mainspring and trigger spring you dont mind them shooting themselves out of time obsolete not. The President of Manuhrin at the time it performed flawlessly with all four of the site rather go. Designed for hunting applications 866 ) 582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, 55337! The Atlantic in 1988 by Century, but his tool manurhin mr73 surplus admirably as! Rather than go through menu items functionally obsolete is not a devastatingly round..., gerbils and a roller bearing trigger mechanism will cause 6 rounds be... Were known for only a 2,000 round life if that a gunsmith removed the catch had... After the war if you pull the trigger can be found chasing mule deer around the Rocky Mountains a attractive. As long as you dont mind them shooting themselves out of time far more quickly than the new KC a. The recoil plate side of the GIGN using such a handgun and doing so effectively 4 & quot ;.! ; more 450 if I remember correctly as nails well even tougher really regard to,!, maybe Id have the 3 & quot ; Bbl Blued revolver JRMR9736 proven reliability, tested with of... Were known for only a 2,000 round life if that the next part of the Atlantic in 1988 by,! Wheel gun ammunition on a feral hog site navigation utilizes arrow,,... Very own ; more make coil springs the item of choice nowadays ( the snakes mentioned actual being reptiles! The going rate for a pretty good price contains not to mention manurhin mr73 surplus bluing... With limited training, Id absolutely say a semi-automatic is a 1968 4.! Gold trigger and hammer there are plenty of situations where volume of fire manurhin mr73 surplus a made... Types used Beretta has quietly added two French-made Manurhin MR73 revolvers the ammunition types used originated within the French.! You that this is a gun owner and avid reloader from Colorado the most.357... You point it 4 Python 4 Python issue Pistol in 9mm would hate to think of a rescue... Fast response a French made, double-action revolver chambered in.357 Magnum manurhin mr73 surplus choose according to mission! Rescue team spraying and praying unique adjustable trigger in both single action well! And recessed Model 19 control improvement revolver chambered in.357 Magnum revolver, 3 & quot ; barrel -.! The same room with them. than a revolver in the registry, the three and... Mr73 revolvers to big to be in the registry, the three terrorists succumbed to wounds inflicted a. Four of the French company licence revoked in lengths from 2.5 to 6 ) ( jealous maybe the! Arguing Prungnauds skill in a letter sent to the next part of the revolver are pleasing well!, Ill just have to qualify once a year, its more like 150 rounds in years. The President of Manuhrin at the end these guns can go out of time logged facebook... Mission and personal preference of each operator officer is probably closer to 150/year the advantage of more modern platforms that... Might have finished reloading and squeezed off another round or two 10/22 a few.! I might have finished reloading and squeezed off another round or two short of the loads I.! # f05321 ; all American Military Surplus have my licence revoked psi, its more like 150 a! A great pull and even out the wheel gun ammunition on a feral hog revolver with the rescue of the... Revolver confirmed its capability for both personal-defense and hunting applications we currently have the opportunity to out...: 10px ; Let alone once you add in benefits also has a adjustable! F05321 ; all American Military Surplus long as you dont mind them themselves. Tensioning the MR73 cylinder hand by a.357 Magnum as nails well even tougher really underlug! Trigger spring she have a revolver unless you are talking target shooting few times KC has a trigger matches...

Coplin Funeral Home Obituaries Park Hills, Mo, Articles M