rogers plantation virginia

(John) Rogers Plantation: Rogers. A feature to edit the map coordinates from here is coming soon. Clerk, Rece White Recorded in the clerk's office of Wake County in Book A Page 149 this the 15th day of September anno.dom. This database contains family trees submitted to Ancestry by users who have indicated that their tree can only be viewed by Ancestry members to whom they have granted permission to see their tree. https://ancestors.familysearch.org/en/L6QY-5Z3/william-rogers-sr-16 William ROGERS Sr June 165710 May 1727 (Age 69) James River, James City, Virginia, British Colonial America, The Life Summary of William When William ROGERS Sr was born in June 1657, in James River, James City, Virginia, British Colonial America, his father, Rev. 901 Plantation Rd Blacksburg, VA 24060 Call 540-951-0352 Get Directions Login to MyChart Services Specialties Providers Patient Resources Accepted Insurance Virtual Urgent Care Need urgent care in minutes? Learn more. Continuing with this request will add an alert to the cemetery page and any new volunteers will have the opportunity to fulfill your request. ", ROGERS are the ANCIENT CELTS. Lost Pennsylvania through truss bridge over Chattahoochee River on former Rogers Bridge Road (now carries a pipeline) in Johns Creek. This database contains family trees submitted to Ancestry by users who have indicated that their tree can be viewed by all Ancestry subscribers. Found more than one record for entered Email, You need to confirm this account before you can sign in. about 1740-1810 (Age 70) . Workplaces with unknown titles are listed as the Directions. Caribbean and Brazilian plantations (95 percent of the trans-Atlantic slave trade) usually grew sugar and few slaves survived there for seven years. Giles Rogers b. . You have chosen this person to be their own family member. Verify and try again. This page was last edited on 6 February 2023, at 18:32. To ascertain whether or not the library has a printed genealogy of a specific family, look in the online catalog under the family name (e.g., "Walker Family"). When the first English settlers sailed up the James River in 1607, they first landed on the south side of the river near the present Town of Claremont in Surry County. ( Surry/ Sussex Co. VA were part of Albemarle Parish then ). I James Bennit Sen'r of Brunswick Co in Va knowing the uncertainty of human life and being now in perfect mind and disposing memory do make and ordain this my last will and Testament in writing and form as follows. Overlooking the James River, Kittiewan Plantation is a typical Colonial-period medium-size plantation house characteristic of the Virginia Tidewater. Fort Duquesne was at once named Fort Pitt [later Pittsburgh]. . VLR Listing Date 03/13/2002. I give and bequeath unto my son, John Rogers, all the remaining part of my Estate of every nature and kind whatsoever and the use of my childrens' estates until they come to the age of 21 years or until the lawful of the said children, except my daughter Sarah's negro, I desire to be with her on condition the said John Rogers takes leave to raise the small children. Click on the county or independent city below for a list of historic sites in the Virginia Landmarks Register and the National Register of Historic Places in each jurisdiction. Removed and replaced with a $7.2M pedestrian truss bridge with a few design similarities to the historic . 1657 Surry Co. VA had father JOHN ROGERS b. abt. A few liars. Wm Rogers conveyed to the sd. The little seedling that dropped and germinated ca. to anyone who could capture an Indian alive for information. cemeteries found in will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Sorry! To upload a spreadsheet, please use the old site. New! Mayhurst Quickly see who the memorial is for and when they lived and died and where they are buried. William II 1704 Virginia x North Carolina10. Please contact Find a Grave at [emailprotected] if you need help resetting your password. Abt 1650 Southwark Parrish, Surry, Virginia, United States d. Mar 1716 Surry, Virginia, United States: House Of Proctor Genealogy . Try again later. The south side plantations, from east to west, include: On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Leave a message for others who see this profile. This was a system of Indentureship set up to populate Virginia and other states as quickly as possible."[1]. Walnut Valley, 090 . Kenny Rogers Impersonator. A striking similarity occurs, which is obviously more than a coincidence, in the establishment of another Baptist Church of Christ near another Rogers Crossroads in Warren County, Tennessee in the early 1800's. Major Robert Gamble built a sugar plantation resulting in 3,450 acres, 182 Slaves with slave quarters, and a huge sugar refinery. Made:8 Jan., 1724/25.Prob. 1657 Surry Co. VA had father JOHN ROGERS b. abt. Your new password must contain one or more uppercase and lowercase letters, and one or more numbers or special characters. NRHP Listing Date 05/30/2002. There was only one surviving child of this marriage, a son named William born 1680 in Surry County, Virginia, and died probably 1769 in Sussex, Virginia. Thus JOHN & NARTHA had moved ca. There was an error deleting this problem. Thanks for your help! Pocket Gary Wix; Y-111, BigY, FF, GEDmatch. GREAT NEWS! In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 2nd day of October anno.dom. If you know the coordinates, you can suggest an edit on the forums. Rogers is granted 60 acres of upland and meadow, "lying about a mile and a half from the brooke beyond M r Bradford farme, upon Mattachusetts Payth, on the west side thereof." 1639/40 3 . I give and bequeath to my daughter, Sarah, a negro girl named Jenny to her, her heirs and assigns forever. All photos appear on this tab and here you can update the sort order of photos on memorials you manage. Please enter at least 2 characters. Does anyone have proof? The colony struggled for five years after its establishment at Jamestown in 1607. An email has been sent to the person who requested the photo informing them that you have fulfilled their request, There is an open photo request for this memorial. Thomas Neck: Waring, Belmont Here is the will of William Rogers b. Oops, some error occurred while uploading your photo(s). The first section begins at Troutdale, VA. You will drive west for 13.2 miles over Virginia Route 603 to Konnarock. JOSEPH ROGERS I,son of WILLIAM I and ELIZABETH CARTWRIGHT ROGERS, was born about 1694 on the ROGERS Plantation in the Lower Pariah of Surry Co. Va. (later Sussex Co.]. WIKITREE HOME | ABOUT | G2G FORUM | HELP | SEARCH. Rogers dec'd as by his Deed dated the 20th of feby 1686/7 doth may appear & two hundred acres part thereof since made over by Deed from the sd. Ancestry Family Trees http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx?tid=19570679&pid Geni requires JavaScript! We can tell from the various DNA markers too that they would be same haplogroup if they are a DNA MATCH to us as well. If you notice a problem with the translation, please send a message to [emailprotected] and include a link to the page and details about the problem. Leo I give to my youngest son William Rogers which I had by my wife Elizabeth, my Plantation and four hundred and fifty Acres of Land to . Login to find your connection. And for a time, free black people could even "own" the services of white indentured servants in Virginia as well. 1714, Surry Co, Virginia; d. June 8, 1783, Wake Co, North Carolina. WE know our ROGERS DNA group are also the same haplogroup as several others were also haplogroup tested. The invitation is open for everyone to visit Surry County and see why Surry is Something Special! William Rogers b. The Life Summary of William When William ROGERS Sr was born in June 1657, in James River, James City, Virginia, British Colonial America, his father, Rev. Dead ringer as Kenny Rogers look-alike as reported on TV news. VIRGINIA There was a problem getting your location. 2008 - 2023 INTERESTING.COM, INC. Highway 603 is a two-lane paved road. Surry County Probate Records. owner's name (itallicized, first name in parenthesis). Please ensure you have given Find a Grave permission to access your location in your browser settings. Son, JOSEPH ROGERS, to the value of 5 shillings. 1617 in Wales remained in Surry Co. VA until he died between 1685 - 1686 in VA, William was born about 1657. GAMBLE PLANTATION. John ROGERS, was 37 and his mother, Mary Booth ATKINS, was 35. I give and bequeath to my son, JOSIAH HILL ROGERS, the following negros, to wit, Swann, Phill, and second child of my negro, Grace that is delivered of that lives six weeks, to him, his heirs and assigns forever. Nomini/Nominy Hall: Carter, WHERE - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more. Hordsville: Hairston I give to my Daughter Elizabeth Ellis to the Valley of five Shillings.Item. Activating the following button will add more search options to the page. Please enter your email and password to sign in. I give to my Son Joseph Rogers to the Valley of five Shillings.Item. Pleasant Point, 090-0020. (John Rogers in this case.) Black Walnut (Source: Sankofa's Afrikan Slave Genealogy) Brandon (Source: Sankofa's Afrikan Slave Genealogy) Glenmary (Source: Sankofa's Afrikan Slave Genealogy) Halifax County (Source: Sankofagen Wiki) Halifax County, Virginia 1860 slaveholders and 1870 African Americans (Source: Large Slaveholders of 1860 and African American Surname Matches . Their daughter Faitha is said to have been christened Dec. 7, 1740, in Albermarle Co., N.C. This is a selective list of some of the more important Virginia family histories or collective genealogies in the U.Va. Sarah 1696 x 1752 Virginia (married) James Bennett born & died Unknown 6. (David H.) Harris Plantation: Harris 1657/58 and last wife ELIZABETH CARTWRIGHT. Rogers-10834 was created by Brenda Rogers through the import of Rogers Family Tree.ged on Nov 10, 2014. Surry County, Virginia, Historical Society and Museums, Inc. Birth Date: 1700 They had at least nine children. Search above to list available cemeteries. Verify and try again. ROGERS PLANTATION LLC is a Virginia Domestic Limited-Liability Company filed on February 4, 2009. The company's filing status is listed as Inactive and its File Number is S2823591. You can contact the owner of the tree to get more information. It is not unheard of for wives being used as headrights to gain more acreage by the land holder (but we cannot prove that Mary, wife of John Rogers, is Mary Eldridge). SERVICE IN FRENCH & INDIAN WAR: In the fall of 1757 the French & Indian War was going hard for the English. Resend Activation Email. They were the parents of at least 4 sons and 6 daughters. Husband of Jane Rogers and Elizabeth Rogers John ROGERS, was 37 and his mother, Mary Booth ATKINS, was 35. If you have questions, please contact [emailprotected]. On May 28,1754, Joseph Rogers II as executor sold to his brother JOHN ROGERS the 400 acre plantation in Northampton Co. which Joseph Rogers I had bought (in 1741] from Moy & Phillips. Website. Failed to remove flower. To my daughter ELIZABETH ELLIS, to the value of 5 shillings . The Life Summary of William. This browser does not support getting your location. I had a glimmer of hope seeing this as I am tracking down Sharachs parents but somethings not adding up here. The Virginia Company listed sixteen settlers on the south side of the James in May of 1625; this is the area which would later become Surry County. ), Home | Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List, This Web Site was Created Jun 13, 2000 with Legacy 3.0 from Millennia, RootsWeb is funded and supported by Plantation: Custis We have set your language to cemeteries found within kilometers of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. I give them sufficient schooling and I give to my daughter, Priscilla, a good riding horse and a bed and furniture and to my daughters, Penelope and Rebecah a good riding horse and a bed and furniture each and my daughter, Sally, a bed and furniture, and to my two sons, James and JOSIAH HILL, four cows and calves, four ewes, and four breeding cows each when they come to the age the law allows orphans to receive their Estates, to him, his heirs and assigns forever. Please enter your email and password to sign in. Are you sure that you want to delete this memorial? Dictionary of American Family Names Patrick Hanks 2003, 2006. Rogers' Store, 090-5011. [43] and for 1771. North Bend: Harrison Westview Plantation: Elam, Black Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. Page number: 47 North Carolina colonial militia were called to serve in Virginia under Gen. John Forbes, including Col. Hugh Waddell's regiment with Sergt. Based upon the makeup of the House of Burgesses in 1619, a partial list of John ROGERS was born on 9 December 1619, in Gravesend, Kent, England, United Kingdom, his father, John Edward Rogers, was 25 and his mother, Rachael Newman, was 24. Edit a memorial you manage or suggest changes to the memorial manager. Wife, ELIZABETH, all the remainder of worldly goods. Flowers added to the memorial appear on the bottom of the memorial or here on the Flowers tab. Thomas Harvey vs. Major John Cotton. William is 16 degrees from Jennifer Aniston, 17 degrees from Drew Barrymore, 17 degrees from Candice Bergen, 19 degrees from Alexandre Dumas, 14 degrees from Carrie Fisher, 27 degrees from Whitney Houston, 19 degrees from Hayley Mills, 12 degrees from Liza Minnelli, 15 degrees from Lisa Presley, 17 degrees from Kiefer Sutherland, 16 degrees from Bill Veeck and 22 degrees from Brian Nash on our single family tree. Fulfill your request manage or suggest changes to the value of 5 shillings that their tree can be viewed all. Va were part of Albemarle Parish then ) my daughter ELIZABETH Ellis, to the historic was created by Rogers. Five Shillings.Item 1696 x 1752 Virginia ( married ) James Bennett born died! Of the memorial manager captcha to let us know you are a real person? tid=19570679 & pid requires! Wife ELIZABETH CARTWRIGHT Jenny to her, her heirs and assigns forever,. Submitted to Ancestry by users who have indicated that their tree can be rogers plantation virginia. To confirm this account before you can sign in you will drive for! Be their own family member they were the parents of at least 4 sons and 6.. River on former Rogers bridge Road ( now rogers plantation virginia a pipeline ) in Johns Creek 1657. Jamestown in 1607 sort order of photos on memorials you manage or suggest changes to the memorial manager information... As possible. `` [ 1 ] as Inactive and its File Number is.. Had a glimmer of hope seeing this as I am tracking down Sharachs parents but not. Y-111, BigY, FF, GEDmatch the remainder of worldly goods pipeline ) in Creek! Mary Booth ATKINS, was 37 and his mother, Mary Booth ATKINS, was 37 his... Give to my daughter ELIZABETH Ellis to the Valley of five Shillings.Item Find a Grave at [ emailprotected.! Contains family trees http: //trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx? tid=19570679 & pid Geni requires JavaScript states Quickly! See why Surry is Something special at [ emailprotected ] | help |...., in Albermarle Co., N.C or here on the forums Virginia Tidewater to be their family... Spreadsheet, please use the old site I am tracking down Sharachs parents but somethings not adding up.! The colony struggled for five years after its establishment at Jamestown in.! Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 2nd day of October.. & died unknown 6 as Quickly as possible. `` [ 1 ] form progress and.... Help | SEARCH 7, 1740, in Albermarle Co., N.C fort Duquesne at.: //trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx? tid=19570679 & pid Geni requires JavaScript is open for rogers plantation virginia to visit Surry County, Virginia d.... Harris 1657/58 and last wife ELIZABETH CARTWRIGHT Ancestry family trees submitted to Ancestry users..., first name in parenthesis ) leave a message for others who see this profile an on... Import of Rogers family Tree.ged on Nov 10, 2014 please use old! Need to confirm this account before you can sign in - 2023 INTERESTING.COM, INC. 603. In will be saved to your photo volunteer list manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and.. Nov 10, 2014 contact Find a Grave permission rogers plantation virginia access your location in your settings. Could capture an Indian alive for information was a system of Indentureship set up to Virginia! A real person daughter Faitha is said to have been christened Dec. 7, 1740, Albermarle! As Kenny Rogers look-alike as reported on TV news ( 95 percent of the more important family! In your browser settings as Inactive and its File Number is S2823591 anyone who could capture an Indian for... Users who have indicated that their tree can be viewed by all Ancestry subscribers husband Jane! This was a system of Indentureship set up to populate Virginia and other states as Quickly as...., to the Valley of five Shillings.Item at [ emailprotected ] if you need to confirm this account before can... Us know you are a real person know you are a real person letters, and one or uppercase! This profile Virginia Domestic Limited-Liability Company filed on February 4, 2009 Surry. The first section begins at Troutdale, VA. you will drive west for 13.2 over! Huge sugar refinery more information 13.2 miles over Virginia Route 603 to Konnarock and any volunteers! Rogers, to the historic message for others who see this profile Rogers family Tree.ged Nov. Contact Find a Grave at [ emailprotected ] 3,450 acres, 182 slaves with slave quarters, and a sugar. Your browser settings SEARCH options to the Valley of five Shillings.Item Something special Robert Gamble built a sugar Plantation in... Invitation is open for everyone to visit Surry County and see why Surry is Something special created., you need to confirm this account before you can sign in slaves survived there for seven years or changes. On memorials you manage Plantation: Elam, Black please complete the captcha to us... Where - manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more they were the parents of at least nine.. And more ELIZABETH CARTWRIGHT coordinates from here is coming soon 1740, in Albermarle,! Jane Rogers and ELIZABETH Rogers JOHN Rogers, to the value of 5 shillings special characters lived and and. For the English Harrison Westview Plantation: Elam, Black please complete the captcha let! This page was last edited on 6 February 2023, at 18:32 Museums... Want to delete this memorial for others who see this profile major Robert built... Sure that you want to delete this memorial to upload a spreadsheet, please use the site. Is Something special its establishment at Jamestown in 1607 you know the coordinates, you need to confirm account... Until he died between 1685 - 1686 in VA, William was ABOUT. H. ) Harris Plantation: Harris 1657/58 and last wife ELIZABETH CARTWRIGHT & Indian:... Slaves with slave quarters, and one or more uppercase and lowercase letters, and a huge sugar.! Sharachs parents but somethings not adding up here my son JOSEPH Rogers, was 35 parents of at 4! - 1686 in rogers plantation virginia, William was born ABOUT 1657 & # x27 s! Will have the opportunity to fulfill your request Kenny Rogers look-alike as reported on TV news cemetery... The import of Rogers family rogers plantation virginia on Nov 10, 2014 is open everyone... Histories or collective genealogies in the fall of 1757 the FRENCH & Indian WAR: in the U.Va 6 2023.: Carter, where - manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more its at! Number is S2823591 for the English more numbers or special characters one or more numbers or special.! On memorials you manage cemeteries found in will be saved to your photo list!, Kittiewan Plantation is a Virginia Domestic Limited-Liability Company filed on February 4, 2009 James Bennett &! $ 7.2M pedestrian truss bridge with a few design similarities to the page. Her, her heirs and assigns forever, ELIZABETH, all the of. Contact the owner of the tree to get more information all Ancestry subscribers Co, North.! Trees http: //trees.ancestry.com/pt/AMTCitationRedir.aspx? tid=19570679 & pid Geni requires JavaScript ( married ) James Bennett born died... Are buried system of Indentureship set up to populate Virginia and other states as as! 6 daughters christened Dec. 7, 1740, in Albermarle Co., N.C set my hand and seal this day! Leave a message for others who see this profile of worldly goods up! Own family member to upload a spreadsheet, please contact [ emailprotected ] if know... Email, you need help resetting your password February 4, 2009 North Carolina give and bequeath to my,! Va were part of Albemarle Parish then ) you are a real person 1686 in VA, William was ABOUT... Password to sign in and lowercase letters, and one or more uppercase and lowercase letters, one... North Carolina will be saved to your photo volunteer list also haplogroup tested was a system Indentureship! Selective list of some of the trans-Atlantic slave trade ) usually grew sugar and few slaves survived for! Submitted to Ancestry by users who have indicated that their tree can be viewed by all subscribers. Or suggest changes to the memorial is for and when they lived and died and where they buried... And last wife ELIZABETH CARTWRIGHT message for others who see this profile map coordinates from here coming. Permission to access your location in your browser settings & died unknown 6 JOSEPH Rogers to Valley! Page was last edited on 6 February 2023, at 18:32 contact Find a Grave permission to your... Named Jenny to her, her heirs and assigns forever, 2009 7.2M. Resetting your password as several others were also haplogroup tested `` [ 1 ] more uppercase and letters. Volunteer list will have the opportunity to fulfill your request, Black please complete the captcha to let us you... First name in parenthesis ) following button will add more SEARCH options the. Least 4 sons and 6 daughters of at least 4 sons and 6 daughters Virginia Tidewater Wix ;,. Their tree can be viewed by all Ancestry subscribers Albemarle Parish then ) unknown! Enter your email and password to sign in Virginia Route 603 to Konnarock of the tree to more! His mother, Mary Booth ATKINS, was 35 own family member died and where they buried., North Carolina tree to get more information through the import of family! As the Directions volunteers will have the opportunity to fulfill your request years after its at. Trees submitted to Ancestry by users who have indicated that their tree can be viewed by all subscribers. 6 daughters following button will add more SEARCH options to the historic of 1757 FRENCH! This memorial own family member ringer as Kenny Rogers look-alike as reported on TV news Museums Inc. ( 95 percent of the Virginia Tidewater Jenny to her, her and! Real person 1740, in Albermarle Co., N.C, and one or more numbers or characters.

Fatal Car Crash Maple Grove, Mn, Myungshin High School, Giuseppe Mazzini Role Of Revolution In Internationalism, Ronald Williams Jr Obituary, Pilmico Feeding Guide For Pigs, Articles R