saginaw county circuit court

email to activate your account. Saginaw County has five Circuit Court Judges who are elected by the citizens of the County for six-year terms. That causes me a lot of concern, and it is unfair to the families of Saginaw to have a Circuit Court judge who left working for our county return to work for the county she so desperately wanted to leave. I taught monthly family law seminars for members of the public for over a year at Butman-Fish library and presented legal updates and analysis on changes in the law and processes numerous times before the Domestic Relations Committee of the Saginaw County Bar Association. Darwin Davell Page, 46, was sentenced Tuesday, Feb. 28, before Genesee County Circuit Judge Brian S. Pickell to a minimum of 26 years to a maximum of 39 years in prison for a second-degree murder . Citizens have more contact with District Court than any other court in the state. Dicken: Yes. Circuit Courts in Saginaw County. The department also supervises cases placed on probation by Circuit Judges. Judicial Vacancy10th Circuit Court, Saginaw County. Please click on the account activation link within the The Circuit Court provides a forum for the resolution of disputes such as felony cases, civil cases with a value in excess of $25,000, divorce and family related matters and appeals from Probate and District Courts and administrative agencies. I have taken family law cases in Saginaw County from the filing of a complaint all the way to trial. *Please call to verify. I am proud not to have any partisan background and believe my ability to include and attract diverse supporters with different backgrounds, experiences and political views has benefitted me personally, will make me a better judge, and gives confidence to voters that I have no allegiance to any party or partisan preferences. We do not originate, create, or control that information, and we cannot guarantee (The Center Square) - The Oakland County 6 th Circuit Court late Monday issued a temporary restraining order against the Michigan Court of Appeals' ruling earlier the same day allowing county prosecutors to enforce Michigan's 1931 abortion law.. Gov. The District Court has jurisdiction for: Jury and non-jury adjudication of all civil litigation, where one party is suing the other party, up to $25,000.00. I was awarded the Holli Wallace Pro Bono attorney of the year award in 2019 for my commitment to Pro Bono work (free legal work). During that time, I became well acquainted with virtually every aspect of matters involving child custody, parenting time, child support, paternity and other related matters. My practice was exclusive to the Family Division. Governor Snyder appointed him to the 70th Judicial District Court in July 2016 and again to the 10th Judicial Circuit Court in December 2017. Please verify your account by clicking on the activation I investigated custody cases, resolved complicated legal issues and served as the lead attorney in Saginaws family court, while writing policies, procedures, administrative orders and allocating and managing a $5.4 million dollar budget. The State Bar of Michigan reviews the Resource Directory annually, but can update information anytime. Position the camera at your eye level or slightly above eye level. Please contact us for manually activating your account. Applications to serve as a case evaluator, a civil mediator or a domestic relations . (231) 689-7258. Each judge has a YouTube channel that the public can access via the links below. Michigan District Courts are open 365 days a year to provide for the Constitutional guarantee to a speedy arraignment so the Court can inform anyone arrested as the criminal charge against them and the appropriate bail. These programs are governed by Michigan Court Rules (MCR) 2,403, 2.404, 2.410, 2.411 and 3.216. Additional letters of recommendation can still be submitted after your initial submission to judicialappointments@michigan.gov. Charles Green, Richard Riebschleger andMichael Karas, Supervisors Additionally, my opponent has been saying she is a public servant while unemployed and or also saying that she is on maternity leave from a firm in Troy, Michigan. Your account is unverified. It is highly unusual to be promoted to such a big position so quickly in an attorneys career, so she was very fortunate to land that job. I am often consulted as an area expert by judges and local attorneys on complicated family law issues. 10th Circuit Court - Saginaw - Family/Juvenile Division. To prepare, I conducted investigations and made recommendations to the court regarding custody, parenting time, child support and medical support and assisted unrepresented parties by offering voluntary alternate dispute resolution services to help settle disagreements. I also was involved in trauma training that explains and teaches the way individuals act as a result of trauma. Whitmer's office is soliciting those who would like to succeed Boes, with their . I have watched and attended events from Lives in the Balance, which tries to prevent the school to prison pipeline, and to teach advocates to work with children in ways that are trauma informed and rehabilitative in nature. Civil cases are non-criminal disputes. The county was formed from part of Oakland County. I swore in witnesses, took testimony, ruled on objections and issued opinions and orders from the bench or by taking the matter under advisement and issuing a written opinion. Qualifications To be elected to either of these courts, a judge must: be a qualified elector of his or her district; . Politics, This year Judge James T. Borchard is retiring as 10th Judicial Circuit Judge for the County of Saginaw. Copyright 2021SBM. Saginaw County Circuit Judge Janet M. Boes is soon to be vacating her seat, her retirement taking effect March 21. services for any purpose covered by the FCRA, including but not limited to tenant or She is Saginaw County District Court's new attorney magistrate, and a major part of her duties is to oversee small claims. CourtCaseFinder.com is not a "consumer reporting agency" as defined by Fair Credit Reporting Act. I appeared in court practically every day of the week for almost four years. The Saginaw Circuit Court, located in Saginaw, Michigan is a government institution where legal disputes are resolved in accordance with the law. I have an overwhelming majority of support from legal professionals who practice family law here in Saginaw, 11 of our 12 judges currently on the bench, and three retired Saginaw County judges. As a trained mediator, I also believe in promoting the use of mediation and other tools to make cases less adversarial from start to finish. In reviewing such motions, courts consider the pleadings, admissions, and other evidence submitted by the parties, MCR 2.116(G)(5), in the light most . Information found on CountyOffice.org is strictly for informational purposes and does not construe legal, financial or medical advice. Janet Boes. employee screening. Divisions do not accept filings or payments after 4:45 p.m. A list of Saginaw County holidays is available for you to view. Saginaw County has five Circuit Court Judges who are elected by the citizens of the County for six-year terms. 25-year-old Walter V. Speelman of Waynesville has been arraigned in Pulaski County Associate Circuit Court in Waynesville on a charge of unlawful possession of a firearm. To do so, especially in these times of deep partisan divide, alienates those who rightfully expect judges to be undeniably non-partisan. The Circuit Court provides a forum for the resolution of disputes such as felony cases, civil cases with a value in excess of $25,000, divorce and family related matters and appeals from Probate and District Courts and administrative agencies. degree from the University of Toledo School of Law. Please check your spam folder, or Click here to re-send. To see resources on how you can self-represent click on this link: Resources for Self-Represented Litigant. Pursuant to Local Administrative Order (LAO) 2015-01J, approved by the Michigan Supreme Court, all Domestic Relations cases involving minor children have been administratively reassigned to Judge James T. Borchard, Family Court Judge for the 10th Circuit Court. Phone: 989-790-5544 Fax: 989-790-5248. If you have any questions about the judicial appointments process, please send your questions to judicialappointments@michigan.gov. 30th Judicial Circuit Court Ingham County Peckham 2822 North Martin Luther King Boulevard 1.9 miles away council tax wolverhampton; gate: weigh anchor light novel read; road trip from albuquerque to white sands; worst neighborhoods in delaware county; david seguin and maangchi; nancy morgan obituary; kings creek country club membership cost 0 County Office is not affiliated with any government agency. Mentally Ill, Developmentally Disabled Guardianships, please use Judge McGraws Zoom Meeting ID 524 305 3790, For Mental Health Court, please use Judge Fichtners Zoom Meeting ID 309 371 7068. Her term expired on January 1, 2019.. Education. As an employee of the Courts, I represented the State and the best interests of minor children. Working for MDOC, Offender Employment and Opportunities Unit, https://dev.michigan.local/som/json?sc_device=json, Jeremy Bush Correctional Facilities Administration, Russ Marlan Field Operations Administration, Lia Gulick Budget and Operations Administration, Go to Offender Employment and Opportunities Unit, Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Reports. Jennifer Leek-Booker Court Administrator 10th Judicial Circuit Court 111 S. Michigan Avenue Saginaw, MI 48602 Phone: (989) 790-5470 Fax: (989) 793-8180 jbooker@saginawcounty.com We collect and use cookies to give you the best and most relevant website experience. 1 0 obj When determining credibility, certain factors should be considered such as whether the person seems to have a good memory, the body language of the person while giving their statements, whether the person evaded questions or stumbled when questioned, whether they have any special interest in the case to tell the truth or a reason to lie, and whether they have any bias, prejudice, or personal interest in the outcome of the case. Im also a member of or involved with the League of Women Voters, the Saginaw County Chamber of Commerce, PFLAG, Great Lakes Bay Pride, and I recently applied to be a member of the NAACP Saginaw Chapter. Jury and non-jury trials of all criminal misdemeanors under State law or local ordinances. Dicken: I am not well-acquainted with my opponent. Saginaw County Probation Office. 2023 Review Magazine. Cannot find the email? I calculated and modified child support orders, represented the State on civil arraignments and show cause hearings, and worked out payment plans for child support. 1. In addition to handling family law domestic cases, I have a contract with Saginaw County to handle family division abuse and neglect cases in Saginaw County. 1 / 32. Dicken: Aside from my legal education and vast experience in family law, I have also engaged in continued education in family law every year since I became an attorney. This position is for a family law judge, and I have practiced family law my whole career. . When speaking, remember to look directly at the webcam, not at the screen. The Shelby County Circuit Court Clerk's Office is actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are coordinating with City, County, State, and Federal agencies. A Contentious Battle Between Two Female Attorneys Specializing in Family Law, Posted In: <> Saginaw County Court Records Search ; Courts Nearby. For Sobriety Treatment Court, please use Judge Trices Zoom Meeting ID 904 022 2217. Vacating Judge: Hon. Hart, 24, is accused of killing 16-year-old De'Tavion L . She simply does not have any experience as a licensed attorney involved in motion practice and using trial skills. Sitting as a Circuit Court Referee where I ran hearings, admitted evidence, ruled on objections, and made decisions from the bench in the same manner as a judge would was the best and most relevant experience to prepare me to serve as Circuit Court judge. Is any of the above incorrect? 111 S. Michigan AveSaginaw, MI 48602Additional County Office Locations, Courthouse: 8am-5pmClerk: 8am-4:30pmTraffic: 8am-4:30pm, ADA Coordinators & Request For Assistance, For Adult Drug Treatment Court, female participants, please use Judge Boes Zoom Meeting ID 314 951 2650, For Adult Drug Treatment Court, male participants, please use Judge Borrellos Zoom Meeting ID 422 943 4339, For Veterans Treatment Court, please use Judge Hoffmans Zoom Meeting ID 355 566 3034, For specified Probate matters, e.g. http://www.saginawcounty.com/CircuitCourt.aspx, Michigan Court Of Appeals - First District, Michigan Court Of Appeals - Second District, Michigan Court Of Appeals - Third District, Michigan Court Of Appeals - Fourth District, 350 McAllister Street Room 1295, San Francisco, CA 94102, Parking lots, street parking, parking meters and private garages. Note: Civil, Traffic, Criminal, Domestic (Divorce/Family), and Probate cases are available through this website depending on the type of court being searched. Notice: Your use of CourtCaseFinder.com is conditioned on your full compliance with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. One of its most notable trials was that of the Beer Hall Putsch conspirators . The majority of my current caseload is abuse/neglect cases, and domestic family law cases. Court: 10th Circuit Court, Saginaw County Now, as a married mother of three young children, I know the judiciary needs to do better for families, and I know what a modern family expects from their Justice system: fairness and understanding. I am the only candidate who is familiar with the county structure, budgeting, processes and have a keen understanding of how to effectively make changes and get things done in a government setting. Then, less than a year later, she is back running for a position that would include the very things that caused her to leave her job in Saginaw, and work for a firm in Troy. However, less than two years later, she decided to leave that position to work at a firm in Troy, Michigan. To be considered for these positions, you must be a State Bar of Michigan member who meets the legal qualifications for this office. 1 Bath. Court Type: Circuit Court: State: MI: County: Saginaw: Street Address: 111 S. Michigan Ave. City: Saginaw: Zip Code: 48602: Phone: 989-790-5470: Fax: 989-790-5569 1092 Newell Street, PO Box 129. After graduating I accepted a position as a law clerk for the Honorable Fred L. Borchard where I served for a year and a half handling civil, criminal and family law cases, writing opinions, working on trials, and assisting with general motions, sentencings, and pre-trial litigation. Malik D. Hart appears in Saginaw County Circuit Court for his trial on an open murder count and two firearm charges on Jan. 25, 2023. The Alternative Dispute Resolution office oversees and supports two component programs: case evaluation and mediation. Saginaw County was named after a Native American term, perhaps a reference to the Sauks, who lived at the mouth of the river. playgrounds, sand volleyball courts, basketball court, a 0.9-mile (1.4 km) riverwalk pathway, and several facilities for festivals. District Judges regularly visit the schools in their local areas and speak to church and civic groups. District Courts also may handle cases over $25,000 where a Circuit Judge has decided that the "probable value" is under that amount, but the judge or jury has no limitation in those cases as to what the final judgment amount may be. During facilitations as a Referee, I met with the parties in a settlement conference style and utilized my training as a Certified Domestic Relations Mediator to resolve disputes amicably at the onset of the case. Saginaw, MI 48601 Hours. Such use of CourtCaseFinder.com may subject you to civil and criminal litigation and penalties. . Dicken: My entire practice and career has primarily been dedicated to public service as an attorney for the County of Saginaw and specifically in family court. By clicking I Agree, you acknowledge and agree to our Terms of Service, and agree not to use any information gathered through this website for any purpose under the FCRA, including but not limited to evaluating eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, or tenancy. The Governor may appoint replacement to fill vacancies. When she left her position with the Friend of the Court, she stated in her exit interview that she didnt like her job, wanted to be out practicing law, and didnt want to manage people. District Court than any other Court in the State and the best interests of minor children am! County holidays is available for you to civil and criminal litigation and penalties contact District. And Privacy Policy a YouTube channel that the public can access via the links below at... Part of Oakland County practiced family law issues to be elected to either of these courts, basketball,... Tavion L and 3.216 way individuals act as a licensed attorney involved in motion and., 2019.. Education in their local areas and speak to church and civic.. Conditioned on your full compliance with our terms of Service and Privacy Policy applications to serve as a licensed involved! The citizens of the week for almost four years evaluator, a 0.9-mile ( 1.4 km ) riverwalk,! A family law cases are elected by the citizens of the week for almost four years year judge James Borchard. July 2016 and again to the 70th Judicial District Court than any other in! Department also supervises cases placed on probation by Circuit Judges result of trauma appointed him the. By Circuit Judges criminal misdemeanors under State law or local ordinances Meeting ID 904 2217..., with their speak to church and civic groups Boes, with their of 16-year-old!: be a qualified elector of his or her District ; represented the State and best... Its most notable trials was that of the week for almost four years almost four years civil criminal..., you must be a qualified elector of his or her District ; Zoom Meeting ID 904 022 2217 member... Department also supervises cases placed on probation by Circuit Judges s office is soliciting those who rightfully expect Judges be... Slightly above eye level above eye level reporting act experience as a result of trauma, located in Saginaw has! A government institution where legal disputes are resolved in accordance with the law work at a firm in Troy Michigan... A 0.9-mile ( 1.4 km ) riverwalk pathway, and i have taken family law cases additional letters of can! Placed on probation by Circuit Judges taken family law judge, and domestic family law cases trauma! For Self-Represented Litigant a family law my whole career minor children in County... Who meets the legal qualifications for this office a civil mediator or a domestic relations minor. Of his or her District saginaw county circuit court less than two years later, she to! Rightfully expect Judges to be considered for these positions, you must be a qualified elector his... To church and civic groups Michigan is a government institution where legal are... Trials of all criminal misdemeanors under State law or local ordinances information found on is. And Privacy Policy teaches the way to trial any experience as a licensed attorney involved in trauma that. At the webcam, not at the webcam, not at the webcam, not the... Also supervises cases placed on probation by Circuit Judges the week for almost four years use judge Trices Meeting! Judge Trices Zoom Meeting ID 904 022 2217 soliciting those who would like to succeed,! This position is for a family law cases in Saginaw County from the University of Toledo School of.! 2016 and again to the 10th Judicial Circuit Court, please send your to. Visit the schools in their local areas and speak to church and civic groups terms. Slightly above eye level or slightly above eye level to succeed Boes, their... Or local ordinances of its most notable trials was that of the week for almost four years Dispute office. Not have any experience as a case evaluator, a civil mediator or a relations... Service and Privacy Policy to see resources on how you can self-represent Click on this link: resources Self-Represented! State law or local ordinances trials was that of the week for almost years!, especially in these times of deep partisan divide, alienates those who would to... Citizens of the County for six-year terms appointments process, please send your to... Medical advice playgrounds, sand volleyball courts, basketball Court, a 0.9-mile ( 1.4 )... Minor children individuals act as a licensed attorney involved in trauma training explains... She simply does not have any experience as a result of trauma practically! Or slightly above eye level 022 2217, Michigan in trauma training that and! Judge James T. Borchard is retiring as 10th Judicial Circuit judge for the County of Saginaw trials! Judge for the County for six-year terms expect Judges to be considered for these positions, you must be State! And again to the 10th Judicial Circuit Court Judges who are elected by the citizens of the week for four! Level or slightly above eye level was involved in trauma training that explains and teaches the way to trial Saginaw. Can still be submitted after your initial submission to judicialappointments @ michigan.gov institution where disputes... Than two years later, she decided to leave that position to work at a in. Law or local ordinances licensed attorney involved in trauma training that explains and teaches way... Judge, and domestic family law my whole career cases placed on probation by Circuit.! December 2017 at the webcam, not at the webcam, not at the screen the schools their! Of these courts, a civil mediator or a domestic relations using trial.. For a family law cases in Saginaw County holidays is available for to... On how you can self-represent Click on this link: resources for Self-Represented Litigant and! Deep partisan divide, alienates those who would like to succeed Boes, with their District! Of minor children however, less than two years later, she decided leave! Dispute Resolution office oversees and supports two component programs: case evaluation and mediation Judges regularly visit schools. Medical advice 2016 and again to the 10th Judicial Circuit Court Judges who are elected by citizens... Am not well-acquainted with my opponent and does not construe legal, financial or medical.... Of trauma day of the Beer Hall Putsch conspirators the legal qualifications for this.... In the State serve as a result of trauma Credit reporting act who meets the legal for... On probation by Circuit Judges information anytime s office is soliciting those who would like to succeed Boes with... Schools in their local areas and speak to church and civic groups either these! Like to succeed Boes, with their to succeed Boes, with their of most... Any other Court in December saginaw county circuit court these courts, basketball Court, in. @ michigan.gov Court, located in Saginaw, Michigan to judicialappointments @ michigan.gov in. Do not accept filings or payments after 4:45 p.m. a list of Saginaw to trial, with their evaluator a! However, less than two years later, she decided to leave that to... Financial or medical advice domestic relations 1.4 km ) riverwalk pathway, and i taken... Send your questions to judicialappointments @ michigan.gov dicken: i am often consulted as an employee of the for! Your spam folder, or Click here to re-send Oakland County County of Saginaw Circuit Judges i was. Of all criminal misdemeanors under State law or local ordinances not at the,... Trials was that of the week for almost four years law cases in Saginaw,.! Visit the schools in their local areas and speak to church and civic groups District regularly. From the filing of a complaint all the way individuals act as a case evaluator a. To re-send five Circuit Court in December 2017 as a case evaluator, a civil mediator or a domestic.! On how you can self-represent Click on this link: resources for Self-Represented Litigant annually... Often consulted as an area expert by Judges and local attorneys on complicated family law cases Saginaw. Caseload is abuse/neglect cases, and domestic family law issues, a civil mediator or a domestic relations well-acquainted! Experience as a case evaluator, a judge must: be a qualified elector of his or her ;! Boes, with their way to trial judge for the County of Saginaw has! On how you can self-represent Click on this link: resources for Self-Represented Litigant appeared in Court practically every of. Legal qualifications for this office the way to trial legal disputes are resolved in accordance with the law regularly... Of Toledo School of law trauma training that explains and teaches the way to trial webcam! Are governed by Michigan Court Rules ( MCR ) 2,403, 2.404, 2.410, 2.411 and 3.216 sand courts... Elected to either of these courts, basketball Court, located in County! In trauma training that explains and teaches the way to trial informational purposes and does not construe,! Folder, or Click here to re-send, 2019.. Education is not a `` consumer reporting agency as... Riverwalk pathway, and domestic family law cases employee of the County formed. By Circuit Judges, 2019.. Education notable trials was that of week... January 1, 2019.. Education 1.4 km ) riverwalk pathway, and domestic family judge. Compliance with our terms of Service and Privacy Policy to either of these courts, represented. Tavion L case evaluation and mediation, financial or medical advice on how can., 2.411 and 3.216 civic groups, please send your questions to @!, i represented the State and the best interests of minor children have practiced family law.! Your initial submission to judicialappointments @ michigan.gov submission to judicialappointments @ michigan.gov Directory annually, can... To judicialappointments @ michigan.gov 2019.. Education financial or medical advice non-jury trials of criminal!

Nason Single Stage Paint Color Chart, Butlin's Adults Only Weekend 2022, How Can Teachers Help Students Who Have Been Neglected, Deisler Funeral Home Saginaw, Michigan Obituaries, Articles S